Summary: We are a blessing because we are blessed! God has called us to be a blessing!
Blessed To Be a Blessing
Text: Phil. 4:19
- glory is a state of the spirit (you can live in this realm of glory!)
I. The glory of the Lord is connected to the goodness of God.
A. Ex.33:18-19 Moses asked God to see His glory and God's response was that He would make all His goodness pass before him.
1. Ex. 34:5,6 The Lord descended in the cloud and proclaimed that He was merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth!
B. Ps.23:6 David had experienced a close relationship with God and said that "...goodness and mercy would follow him all the days of his life..."
1. He continued to write about the goodness of God:
Ps. 27:13 - "...he believed to see the goodness of the Lord..."
Ps. 31:19 - "Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee..." (fear- reverential trust with a hatred of evil)
Zech. 9:17 - "For how great is His goodness, and how great is His beauty!"
Ps. 33:5 - "...the earth is full of the goodness of the Lord"
Ps. 65:11 - "Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness"
Ps. 145:1-7 Read
C. Whether we continue in the goodness of God or not is totally up to us. Romans11:13-25 Read
1. Paul was writing to the Roman church explaining how it was possible for them to experience the goodness of God (V.22)
2. The Jews had been cut off because of unbelief but the Gentiles were able to continue standing in God's goodness (favor) because of faith. (V.20)
3. Faith moves you into the favor of God where His glory is and as a result you are a partaker of the goodness of God!
4. Because of grace the Jews could return to their place of favor... by faith.
a. It was a stretch for them to embrace grace when they were generationaly bound to the law.
b. It's a stretch for us to believe that God wants to shower us with His goodness because we are so used to erroneous traditional teaching on the
subject of prosperity.
c. Revelation is progressive!
II. Blessed to be a Blessing
A. Deut. 15:1-2 - The Lord’s Release
1. V.2) It is possible for those of us who come into the revelation of the blessing of the Lord that there will be no poor among us. The key is the
revelation of the kingdom of God.
2. V.10) Enjoying the “rhythm of giving”. Blessed to Bless!!!
3. Third world countries. Feed their belly and you can feed their soul.
B. Ps. 41:1-3 “…he is blessed who considers the poor…”
1. There are many reasons why people are poor. Most of it is generational mindsets.
C. I. Timothy 5:8
1. You must take the initiative to change your situation. (information can help but you must act on the information that you get for it to effect change in your life)
2. Poverty is prevalent in the house of excuses.
3. Be willing to pay the price to enter into your blessed place.
D. Prov. 22:9; Luke 14:13-15