Summary: To answer the question whether a Christian should be success or not. Biblical strategies on how to be successful in life and that success begins on sunday
Blueprint for Success: Should a Christian Be Successful?
Pastor Rob Yanok
Text: Genesis 1:27-28
1. God EQUIPPED people to be successful
2. God EXPECTED people to be successful
3. You were born to win!
A. There is not much difference between success and failure.
1. One tree, one serpent, one wrong decision made man fall
2. Jean Claude Eli the downhill skier in the 1966 Olympics in Grenoble - he won the gold medal by one tenth of a second. The difference between him and the silver medal winner was one tenth of a second. Jean Claude received 2 million that year in endorsements and the 2nd place winner went on to be a ski instructor for $30,000.00 a year.
3. In NYC, two men fell off a bridge - 1 committed suicide because of loosing $100,000.00 and one fell off the bridge because he was drunk from celebrating that he just won $100,000.00. One had the worst day of his life and the other had the best day of his life.
4. 3x3x3x3x3 = 243 4x4x4x4x4 = 1,024 - 1/3 of a jump, 4x plus greater
B.What does success mean to you?
•Success is often misunderstood - They polled many executives throughout the business world and this was their definitions of success:
1. Success is Possessing something specific and worthwhile (material things)
2. Success is Experiencing a special feeling (tv car commercials, winning the superbowl or world series)
3. Success is a Journey or a process
a. some people say - when I retire I’m gonna live, youth say, when I get on my own or when I get married.
b. When I get a new job, etc....
c. When all this is accomplished they say they will be happy. WRONG! Happiness is a choice and you have to make that choice.
4. Success is Reaching your maximum potential at any given moment
a. What we are is God’s gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
b. You see purpose and potential is the original intent for the creation of a thing. It is the assignment that is produced by the intent of the creator.
c. Completing our potential is the fulfillment of the reason of our existence
d. Remember purpose is not doing a good thing but doing the right thing
e. I read in the Wall Street Journal not to long ago: “ A man said to the Personal Manager of a company, I know I’m over qualified for the job but I promise to use 1/2 of my ability.”
5. Success is Overcoming problems, setbacks, and obstacles
a. “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome while trying to succeed.”
-Booker T. Washington
b. “ A Successful person is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.” - David Brinkley
c. Successful people are failures who keep getting up, moving on, and reaching out, and trying again.”
d.”Success comes in CANS, failure comes in CAN’TS.”
1. Mark Twain said - “The difference between the right word & the almost right word is the difference between lightning & the lightning bug.”
2. The following statements are taken from official documents widely read during their time period of statement. Folks we must take the CAN’T out of our lives!