Summary: JESUS SAID LOOSE HIM AND LET HIM GO. HE WHO WAS BOUND IN THE GRAVE CLOTHES CAME FORTH ALIVE. ARE YOU WRAPPED IN THE WEDDING GARMENT OF THE BRIDE OF CHRIST OR BOUND IN THE GRAVE CLOTHES OF SIN?
BOUND IN THE GRAVE CLOTHES OF SIN
TEXT: JOHN 11: 1--6
INTRODUCTION: HERE IN THE MIDST OF UNBELIEF, WE FIND THE MIRACLE OF LAZARUS BEING RAISED FROM THE DEAD.
JESUS TOLD HIS DISCIPLES OUR FRIEND LAZARUS IS SLEEPING. THOMAS SAID IF HE SLEEPS HE DOES WELL.
THEN JESUS TOLD THEM PLAINLY: “LAZARUS IS DEAD.”
1. IT WAS SLEEP THAT WAS NOT UNTO DEATH, YET LAZARUS WAS VERY MUCH DEAD (4 DAYS)
2. IT WAS A SLEEP OF DEATH THAT WOULD BRING GLORY TO GOD.
25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
IN VERSE 21, MARTHA SAID TO JESUS: LORD, IF YOU HAD BEEN HERE, OUR BROTHER WOULD STILL BE ALIVE.
JESUS SAID TO HER: “HE WILL LIVE AGAIN” TO WHICH SHE REPLIED: “I KNOW HE WILL LIVE AGAIN IN THE RESURRECTION”.
JESUS SAID TO HER : “ I AM THE RESURRECTION!”
HERE WE FIN THE PROPHECY OF JOB FULFILLED (CH 19 V25)
I KNOW MY REDEEMER LIVES AND WILL STAND ON THIS EARTH ONE DAY.
IN VERSE 43: JESUS CRIED OUT IN A LOUD* VOICE: LAZARUS COME FORTH!
1. HE WAS SPEAKING LONG DISTANCE (EARTH TO PARADISE)
2. HAD HE NOT CALLED LAZARUS’ NAME, EVERY OLD TESTAMENT SAINT OF GOD WOULD HAVE COME FORTH FROM PARADISE. LAZARUS CAME FORTH BOUND IN GRAVE CLOTHES.
3. JESUS SAID UNTO THEM: “LOOSE HIM AND LET HIM GO!”
48 YEARS AGO, AT AN OLD FASHIONED HOLY GHOST REVIVAL, I WENT DOWN TO AN ALTER OF PRAYER, REPENTED OF MY SINS AND ACCEPTED CHRIST AS LORD AND SAVIOR.
JESUS TOLD EVERY DEMON IN HELL: “LOOSE HIM AND LET HIM GO!”
1. HE SET ME FREE FROM THE BONDAGE OF SIN.
2. HE WROTE MY NAME IN THE LAMB’S BOOK OF LIFE.
3. HE CHANGED MY LIFE FOREVER.
I. EVERY LOST PERSON IS SHACKLED (BOUND) BY SIN.
ROMANS 3:23: ‘ALL HAVE SINNED AND COME SHORT OF GOD’S GLORY.”
ROMANS 5:12: “BY ONE MAN (ADAM) SIN ENTERED IN”
ROMANS 6:23 “THE WAGES OF SIN IS DEATH, GIFT OF GOD* IS ETERNAL LIFE.”
(A) THANK GOD, THE GIFT OF GOD (SALVATION BY GRACE THROUGH FAITH) CANCELS THE WAGES OF SIN.
(B) PSALM 51: “ I WAS CONCEIVED IN SIN.”
ISAIAH 53:6: “ALL WE LIKE SHEEP HAVE GONE ASTRAY.”
1. MAN WAS BORN WITH A CARNAL NATURE.
2. THE CARNAL MIND DWELLS CONTINUOUSLY ON THE THINGS OF THIS WORLD THE THINGS OF A SINFUL NATURE.
( C ) NATURE GIVES US A GREAT EXAMPLE WITH THE HOG AND THE SHEEP.
1. HOGS LOVE THE MUD AND EAT GARBAGE.
2. SHEEP LOVE STILL WATERS AND GOOD GREEN GRASS.
3. PSALM 23: THE LORD IS MY SHEPHERD.
JOHN 10: “MY SHEEP HEAR MY VOICE AND FOLLOW ME.”
4. SHEEP HAVE A SHEPHERD, HOGS DON’T
II. EVERY LOST PERSON IS SICK IN SIN.
14 And when they were come to the multitude, there came to him a certain man, kneeling down to him, and saying,
15 Lord, have mercy on my son: for he is lunatic, and sore vexed: for ofttimes he falleth into the fire, and oft into the water.
16 And I brought him to thy disciples, and they could not cure him.
17 Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you? bring him hither to me.
18 And Jesus rebuked the devil; and he departed out of him: and the child was cured from that very hour. (IMMEDIATELY)