Summary: 1.) We Were Created To Be Joyful 2.) Joy Comes From The Lord . 3.) Joy Comes Through Faith 4.) Sin A Joy Robber 5.) Pain Does Not Have To Stop Your Joy 6.) Have Unlimited Joy
- Statement just before Christmas "I just don't feel Christmasy!'
- Another statement "We're not going to have much of Christmas this year"
- We have come through the most joyous time of the year
- Where is the joy?
- When was the last time you really laughed?
- Not just a chuckle
- A real belly laugh
- You laughed so hard that it hurt
- Forbes put out a report that Gallup did on Happiness in America
- 18% are unhappy, 52% feel blah,
- Only 30% Americans are happy with life
- Another writer reported that 80% of People Quietly Despise Their Lives
- Bring Back the Joy
- JOY - Life's Missing Jewel
- Joy Stealers - Self-centered, Self-absorbed, Self-engrossed with our own discouragements aches and pains.
- Worry – Has it solved anything?
- Redirect your focus Christ Jesus
There is a song we sing
If you want joy real joy wonderful joy
Let Jesus come into your heart
Your sins He'll wash away
Your night He'll turn to day
Your life He'll make it over anew
- Not being trite or fake
- The genuine joy will be displayed in life
- This is obedience - Not a suggestion?
- How does this work?
1.) We Were Created To Be Joyful .
Genesis 1:31 (AV)
31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Philippians 4:4 (AV)
4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
Psalm 100:2 (AV)
2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
- Know that God has intended that we would be joyful people
2.) Joy Comes From The Lord .
- Joy is a gift of God
Romans 14:17 (AV)
17 For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
Galatians 5:22 (AV)
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Nehemiah 8:10 (AV)
10 Then he said unto them, Go your way, eat the fat, and drink the sweet, and send portions unto them for whom nothing is prepared: for this day is holy unto our Lord: neither be ye sorry; for the joy of the LORD is your strength.
- It's not a party that you go to
- Your search for joy is not in things and accomplishments
3.) Joy Comes Through Faith.
Romans 15:13 (AV)
13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.
Philippians 1:25 (NLT)
25 Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith.
4.) Sin A Joy Robber .
- David pursued his happiness outside of God
- Adultery with Bathsheba
- To keep it hidden he murdered Uriah
- David recognized sin had robbed him of joy
Psalm 51:8 (AV)
8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Psalm 51:12 (AV)
12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Psalm 85:6 (AV)
6 Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?
5.) Pain Does Not Have To Stop Your Joy.
- Joy is a delight in life that runs deeper than pain
- Joy can be experienced even in extreme difficulty