Summary: Our place on the wheel we must find
BROKEN BRUISED BUT REPAIRABLE
God is revealed to us in the Bible in many different figures.
* Supremely of course, God is the loving Heavenly Father.
* He is also Creator of the worlds,
* The Lord Of Hosts who leads the armies of Heaven, the King of Kings and Lord of
A) Here, God is pictured as the Potter!
* Jeremiah went down to the potter’s house,
* And there he saw the way God deals with His own children.
*Vv.4 says…* You and I are the clay, God is the Potter!
B) As we yield to His skillful hands, He molds us just the way He wants us to be.
* It isn’t the task of the clay to think up the pattern, that’s the task of the potter!
* God has a perfect plan for each life.
* All that the clay has to do is simply yield by faith into the hands of the Potter and the
Potter will do the rest!
(Intro by Bo Dunford “The God who makes us again” sermoncentral.com)
1. WHY WERE THEY BACK ON THE WHEEL Vv. 4, 12 “BROKEN”
Verse 4 says they had become “marred” (which we would say spoiled)
Verse 12 says “there is no hope”
~When you begin to hear words like that, look for those to be put back on the wheel.
~Clearly they had some clumps in the clay that needed to be worked out.
1. A proud look
2. A lying tongue
3. Hands that shed innocent blood
4. A heart that deviseth wicked imaginations
5. Feet that be swift in running to mischief
6. A false witness
7. He that soeth discord among the brethren
~All these clumps we added to the clay ourselves.
~The reason they were clumpy is because they were no listening…Vv. 12
~The reason they were clumpy is because they were no in church….Vv. 12
~They had to go to where the potter was…Vv. 2 “arise and go down”
~They had to go down and see God work on the wheel
~Someone there was broken and needed repair.
~They found themselves out of the center of God’s Wheel, which caused them to be out
of the center of his Will.
Which will lead you to point number two
2. WE NEED A SOLID BASE TO REST ON Vv. 5 “THEY WERE BRUSIED”
Bruised by the fiery darts of the devil
Bruised by the fiery darts of the saints and the aints
Bruised by the work they were doing for the Lord.
Bruised on there knees for the time they spent in prayer.
Remember that we are in the Lord’s hands….Vv.6
~It is on the wheel that we can get the bruises of life taken care of.
~If we are off center at all, we are out of his will.
~If we find our selves spinning aimlessly, we are out of His will.
~When we have tried to do all that we can, when we have sung all the songs we can,
when we preached all the messages that we can, when we done it all, just remember that
we can just stand in the rest of the Lord.
3. WE NEED TO REFLECT THE POTTER Vv. 4 “AS SEEMED GOOD”
~He works a work on us, He molds us into shape.
>>The battle almost dries up the clay.
>>He sprinkles a little water on the clay that it may be molded again.
A. Abraham—had a promise, but
Before God blessed him he said to look for a city whose builder and maker was God.
B. Joseph-----had a dream.
Before God blessed him he had to go from the pit—Potiphar’s house—to prison---the