Summary: So many people now a days are storing treasures upon this earth. They are gathering things of the earth that will not have any meaning in the world to come. They are building their lives upon the sand or the things of this world when they should be build
BUILDING CASTLES IN THE SAND
Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock. And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand: And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
So often in this life we try so hard to make our lives as comfortable as possible. In our attempts to make things good for us here, we often get distracted from the really important things in life. Like the time we have to spend with the important people to us. The kids or the wife or even the Lord of our lives. We put ourselves so into making money or acquiring possessions that we neglect the reason that we are created, to worship the true living king.
We are building our lives, or houses, in spirit or in the worldly(sinful) realm every day. Jesus is telling us how to build this house, the correct way, and warning us of the pitfalls of disobedience. We need to build our house upon the rock that is the Lord and not build our castles in the sand.
I. ACCUMULATING DISAPPOINTMENT
1. We humans often begin to think that this life is a competition of who can accumulate the most toys. These things although will often not bring happiness but disappointment.
Matt 6:19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
2. Everything we store up for ourselves upon this earth will eventually be corrupted and fail. James 5:3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
3. Earthly riches often bring with it the temptations and traps that otherwise would we would not have to face. 1 Tim 6:9 But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition.
II. FLEETING AND UNCERTAIN
1. The riches of this word are not sure and can be gone in the blink of an eye. Job 20:28 The increase of his house shall depart, and his goods shall flow away in the day of his wrath.
It does not matter how much we gain from the world it will not remain especially in the end of time.
2. The bible says that all the gains of this world will fly away so don’t set your heart upon earthly possessions. Proverbs 23:5 Wilt thou set thine eyes upon that which is not? for riches certainly make themselves wings; they fly away as an eagle toward heaven.
3. When the walls come tumbling down it will be a terrible and tragic thing. Matt 7:27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
III. BUILD YOUR CASTLE UPON A ROCK(INVEST SPIRITUALLY)
1. Rust cannot corrupt anything that you lay up in the storehouse of God. Matt 6:20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
2.In our text, the scripture tells us that even though the rains may come and the winds may blow your dwelling will not fall.
3. We must lay hold on that which is eternal and everlasting and invest in those things.
1 Tim 6:19 Laying up in store for themselves
a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.
Conclusion; Have you built upon this world and found it to be like sinking sand? You can change today and build upon the rock that is Christ Jesus. Hire a new architect and build a new life today.