Summary: Building up others in the Body of Christ.
Romans 14:19 “Let us concentrate on things that make for harmony and the growth of our fellowship together.” (NTME)
Question: What is Keeping the Church from growing?
Key: Don’t cause a weaker Christian to sin!
What We Do Affects Others:
Can cause other believers to stumble. Vs. 13
Can cause other believers to be distressed. Vs. 15a
Can cause other believers to be destroyed. Vs. 15b
Question: Are you aware of how your actions influence others?
Six Ways we are to Build Each Other Up:
1) By making a Commitment to building them up! Vs. 19
Question: Who do you need to Encourage?
2) By Recognizing the Value of every person! Vs. 15b
Key: Remember Christ died for that person!
3) By Focusing on what is really Important! Vs. 16-18
Key: Remember it is a sin to disrupt the fellowship of the church!
4) By Limiting our Liberty out of love for each other! Vs. 20
Question: When is it wrong for us to do something that is Ok?
Question: How child proof is your life?
5) By not Forcing my opinion on others! Vs. 22
6) By Living by Faith! Vs. 23
Key: When in doubt, don’t!
Why are we to Build Up Each Other: Romans 15:1-13
Our Responsibility. Vs. 1-2
The Reasons. Vs. 3-4
The Example of Jesus.
The Teachings of Scripture.
The Results. Vs. 5-13
The Church is Unified and God is Glorified!