Summary: The need today of taking care of your walk with God
“And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;”
A. Cooking bacon takes care
1. If you turn the fire to high it will stick
to the pan
2. If you take it out too early, its chewy
3. If you don’t watch it carefully, you will
(a) It takes care to properly cook bacon and
have it come out just right.
B. We must take care of our walk with God
1. We easily find excuses for not reading the
2. We easily find excuses for not praying
3. We come to church at times just because we
are expected to
4. We become inventive with excuses for missing
5. We too often listen to the flesh instead of
the spirit concerning our daily lives
6. We come to church and sit on the move of God
7. We tend to murmer and complain about holy
(a) If we do not take care of our walk with
God, we will find ourselves just like
burnt bacon, useless and discarded.
Conclusion: In these closing days of the church age, we need to take care and nurture our walk. We need to follow after Jesus Christ with a passion.