Summary: See Jesus is all that really matters. when we truly see Him, the rest falls into place.
BUT WE SEE JESUS
Text: Hebrews 2:9
Intro: "Two men looked through prison bars:
one saw mud; the other saw stars."
*What do men see today?
*the unsaved see bleak, dismal, distressed,
deteriorating, distrusting aspects of the
Theme: True born-again believers see the same abysmal conditions;but they also see the LIGHT at the end of the tunnel!
I. Seeing Jesus we can see paths
to the eventual dominance by the Christian Race.
A. not being dominated: but dominating
B. The past rules.
1. alive to some more so than the present
2. In Jesus the past is interpreted
a. its program in law & prophecy filled out
b. its long & painful discipline justified
3. Past has ruled, but Christ has ruled the
a. World has seen the positive effect of
Christianity & its proponents.
b. a witness that cannot be denied-
1) the Church of Christ
2) the Christ of the Church Universal
d) destined to establish KOG on
C. Ideas rule.
1. Thinkers make and mold the ages.
2. In Jesus we see the SIMPLEST & HIGHEST
thought on the utmost & absorbing
a. God & salvation
b. sin & forgiveness
c. duty & holiness
D. There is a moral world.
1. Rules that last must be based on holy
2. Right method & message is needed.
a) JC filling men w/His Spirit.
b) training them is His service
c. trusting to them the founding of
3. Church revivals & revived living
a) been introduced by men of signal
b) men of massive spiritual power
c) radiant holiness
d) unusual faith in Christ Jesus.
II. Christ in us, the hope of glory/But we
(Who He Was--Who He Is--Who He Shall Be)
1. Heb. 9:26
2. Son of Righteousness (Mal. 4:2)
3. Creator of the universe
(Heb. 11:3; John 1:1)
4. Lamb slain from the foundation of
the world (Rev. 13:8)
5. One of the three appearing to
6. Angel that wrestled w/Jacob
7. Joshua’s Captain of the Lord’s
host (Joshua 5:14)
1. The Preeminent One (Col. 1:18)
2. Intercessor (Heb. 9:24)
4. Merciful/Faithful High Priest
6. Highly Exalted One sitting at the
right hand of the Father(Heb. 12:2)
7. Anointed above His fellows
(Heb. 1:9 quoting Ps. 45:7)
8. Our Savior (Acts 4:12)
C. SHALL BE
1. our soon soming King
2. destroyer of God’s enemies
3. The Righteous Judge
4. Mediator of the New Covenant
a. Heb. 8:10-13
b. Laws written in hearts/minds
c. Our sins/iniquities to be
remembered no more.
Concl: Important & vital we now see JC as
One who gives us power over the enemy,
Head of all principality & power,
King of Kings & Lord of Lords
Imperative that JC today is seen & accepted
as Savior; otherwise, one day, He will be
seen as Judge.