Summary: Do we have a passion for God’s beautiful and precious Word, which David describes as "the word of Thy lips"?
“By The Word Of Thy Lips”
1. Read Psalm 17:4 - “By The Word Of Thy Lips”
- How David Describes The Scriptures
- The Words Are From His Own Lips! God Is The Source!
- The Words Are Beautiful And Precious! Like A Friends!
- The Words Are Good And Useful!
2. IE: Man In Kansas City Injured In An Explosion - Face Badly Disfigured - Lost Both Hands - Lost Eyesight Completely - New Christian - Greatest Disappointment Was That He Could No Longer Read The Bible - Heard About An English Woman Who Read Braille With Her Lips - His Nerve Endings In His Lips Also Destroyed - Once, His Tongue Touched Some Of The Raised Characters - Read More Than Four Times Using His Tongue!
- This Man Had A Passion For God’s Words!
- He Recognized That They Are From His Own Lips!
- He Recognized That They Are Beautiful And Precious!
- He Recognized That They Are Good And Useful!
- So He Read “The Word Of Thy Lips” The Only Way He Could!
3. Do You Have A Passion For The Word Of God? The Very Word Of His Lips?
- I Want You To Recognize That God’s Words Are From His Own Lips!
- I Want You To Recognize That God’s Words Are Beautiful And Precious!
- I Want You To Recognize That God’s Words Are Good And Useful!
1. “By The Word Of Thy Lips” There Is Life!
- It Is Through God’s Word That We Have Life!
- 1 Peter 1:23 - “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.”
- Because Of The Word’s Activity:
- “Being Born Again”
- It Is Through God’s Word We Hear The Gospel, Believe The Gospel, And Apply The Gospel!
- It Is Through God’s Word We Are “Born Again” - New Life In Jesus Christ!
- It Is Through God’s Word We Are “Alive” In Christ - Permanent Condition!
- IE: John Wesley Robbed Returning Home From A Service One Night - Only A Little Money And Some Christian Literature - Thief Was Leaving - Wesley - “Stop! I have something more to give you.” - “My friend, you may live to regret this sort of life. If you ever do, here’s something to remember: ‘The blood of Jesus Christ cleanses us from all sin’!” (1 John 1:7) - Years Later - Greeted By A Successful Christian Businessman - The Robber! - God’s Word, The Very Word Of His Lips, Gave Him Life Through The Gospel!
- Because Of The Word’s Character!
- “Not Of Corruptible Seed, But Of Incorruptible”
- It Produces, But Does Not Decay!
- IE: Seed Planted Produced Corn - Grew & Flourished - Season Ending, Lack Of Rain, Heat Of The Summer Takes Its Toll - Turn Brown & Brittle Before Being Harvested - Seed Of God’s Word Grows And Flourishes, But Will Never Turn Brittle And Die!
- Isaiah 55:11 - “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”
- Because Of The Word’s Permanence!
- “Which Liveth And Abideth For Ever”
* “By The Word Of Thy Lips” There Is Life!
- Receive The Words Of Life From The Lips Of God!
- “Receive With Meekness The Engrafted Word, Which Is Able To Save Your Souls!” (James 1:21)