Summary: God called us to stand firm in various situations of our life. This sermon is from a three part message- call to stand, serve and send.
1. Stand Up for Jesus Against Evil One 1 King 18:36-39
36 At the time of sacrifice, the prophet Elijah stepped forward and prayed: “O LORD, God of Abraham, Isaac and Israel, let it be known today that you are God in Israel and that I am your servant and have done all these things at your command.
37 Answer me, O LORD, answer me, so these people will know that you, O LORD, are God, and that you are turning their hearts back again.”
38 Then the fire of the LORD fell and burned up the sacrifice, the wood, the stones and the soil, and also licked up the water in the trench.
39 When all the people saw this, they fell prostrate and cried, “The LORD—he is God! The LORD—he is God!”
· Stand in frond of Ahab
· To speak the plan of God
· To speak to Ahab there will be a rain again in the land – no matter what you do or plan – there will be a rain of revival in the land.
2. Stand to Build
· Wall – Nehemiah
· Build the house – wise man build the house on the rock – Rock is Jesus
· Matt 7: 25 “The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.”
· Build the house on a strong foundation – Prayer, fasting, holiness, blood of Jesus, Word of the Lord, Testimony
· Army – Ezekiel 37 – dry bones came to life and stood up like an army.
· God is looking for a man build a wall of prayer and stand in the gap
3. Stand in the Middle of the River Jordan with the Ark On Your Shoulder
· So the people of Israel can go forward to conquer the promise of God.
· “The priests who carried the ark of the covenant of the LORD stood firm on dry ground in the middle of the Jordan, while all Israel passed by until the whole nation had completed the crossing on dry ground.” Josh 3:17
4. Stand for God in Adverse Situations
· Joshua – me and my house hold we will serve the Lord.
5. Stand Up with Saints
14 “Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: “Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. 15 These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It’s only nine in the morning! 16 No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: 17 “‘In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.”
· Peter and John said to the beggar, we have something, which the world does not have.
· Peter and John made the lame man to stand