Summary: Sermon in the Series Spiritual Warfare
1. Calling on God’s Power:
a. After we are completely equipped with our Christian armor, we have a power in reserve that surpasses all understanding (Prayer).
b. The limitless power of God is at our disposal.
c. The Holy Ghost Helps us pray (Romans 8:26).
d. "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (James 5:16).
e. "Pray without ceasing" ( 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
f. We are God’s Israel of today and this call is still valid. "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from Heaven and will forgive their sins and will heal their land" ( 2 Chronices 7:14).
2. Jesus teaches us how to pray (Matthew 6:5-15.
a. It is not for show. If it is for show, then the reward is being seen by men.
b. Enter into your closet. Shut out the world--- Just you and God. You can do this even on the freeway or in a stadium full of people.
c. "Do not keep on BABBLING." Be careful of too much speaking.
1. Jesus raised Lararus, and his prayer was thirty seven words. (John 11: 42).
2 Jesus said a Tax Collector was heard and justified when he prayed "God be merciful to me a sinner".(Luke 18:10-14).
d. God knows what we need before we ask Him.
1. Prayer is not so much to inform God.
2. Prayer prepares our hearts to receive his words.
3. Try giving your child a toy you like, but he is not prepared to receive it.
3. The Model Prayer:
a. "Our Father" -- focuses onrelationship. We are His children. We trust Him. He loves us and gives us good gifts.
1. Nebuchadnexxar made an image ninety feet high and nine feet wide, then commanded everyone to fall down and worship.
2. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego said they would not serve his gods or worship his image because they had a relationship with God the Father (Daniel 3:18).
b. "Hallowed be your name " -- focuses on honoring, reverencing -- and showing awe to God.
1. If you remain in me my word remains in you, Ask what you will and it shall be given unto you" (John 15:7).
2. Daniel boldly prayed to God three times a day, where all could see, and end up in the lion’s den. But he still wouldn’t break his hallowed view of God. (Daniel 6)
c. Kingdom View:
1. "Your Kingdom Come."
2. "Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven."
3. Elijah on Mount Carmel put His faith to the test to prove the kingdom of God. (1 Kings 18).
a. Facing four hundred fifty prophet of Baal.
b. He prayed a prayer with sixty three words, which brought fire from heaven.
d. Pray for physical needs, daily bread. Focus on your needs then your desires.
e. "Forguve us as we forgive." Focus on relationship with others.
1. Let Not the sun go down on thy wrath (Ephesans 4:26).
2. Forgive untill seventy times seventy(Matthew 18:22)
3. Jesus: "Forgive them for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:24).