Summary: A message for preparing the church for upcoming revival.
Can These Bones Really Live?
Isaiah 43:18-19 Monte T. Brown
July 31, 2005 Sunday Morning
First Baptist Riverton
We are approaching our Revival very quickly and there is a lot that needs to be done.
We need to get the word out.
We need to be spending time in prayer.
The question I have for you this morning is Can These Bones Really Live?
Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. 19Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18-19
1. Living in the Past!
18. Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old.
19. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it?
I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:18-19
We have got to forget the things of the past.
God says am going to do something new.
We will never have the church that used to be!
We need to look for the church that going to be!
I believe that God can still move the church.
I believe that we can see the power of Pentecost again, the moving of the Holy Spirit on a congregation that is in one accord.
God wants to bring revival to us today.
God wants The Church to awake!
The Old Testament is not books of history, but principals that we might learn form.
It speaks to us today in these times and times to come.
So do not discredit these passages, they are speaking to us today.
2. Where is the Church Alive?
1. The hand of the LORD came upon me and brought me out in the Spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley; and it was full of bones.
2. Then He caused me to pass by them all around, and behold, there were very many in the open valley; and indeed, they were very dry. Ezekiel 37:1-2
Today we are living in the presents of dry bones.
There are dry bones all around us. The Church needs to awake.
When was the last time you said Amen in the worship service?
When was the last time you gave God praises?
When was the last time you lifted you hands to the Lord?
When was the last time you rejoiced when someone walked the aisle?
These dry bones need to be shaken!
3. Changes Takes Commitment!
3. And He said to me, Son of man, can these bones live? So I answered, O Lord GOD, You know.
4. Again He said to me, Prophesy to these bones, and say to them, O dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! Ezekiel 37:3-4
Can my efforts move them?
I cannot cause revival!
I cannot move people!
I can apply all the energy that I can apply and nothing will change.
When we open our ears to the Word of the Lord, he is speaking to us.
Can you hear him?
The change will only take place when we allow the Holy Spirit to move upon us.
4. When God Moves
5. Thus says the Lord GOD to these bones: Surely I will cause breath to enter into you, and you shall live.
6. I will put sinews on you and bring flesh upon you, cover you with skin and put breath in you; and you shall live. Then you shall know that I am the LORD.
7. So I prophesied as I was commanded; and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and suddenly a rattling; and the bones came together, bone to bone. Ezekiel 37:5-7
The bones suddenly began to rattle.
You know what that rattling was!
The were complaining.
Do we see complaining today in the church, when God tries to move in the church?
Sins of the past are called by different names today.
The Lord can make a difference.
We need to allow God to move on us.
5. God Changes Lives
8. Indeed, as I looked, the sinews and the flesh came upon them, and the skin covered them over; but there was no breath in them.
9. Also He said to me, Prophesy to the breath, prophesy, son of man, and say to the breath, Thus says the Lord GOD: Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe on these slain, that they may live.
10. So I prophesied as He commanded me, and breath came into them, and they lived, and stood upon their feet, an exceedingly great army. Ezekiel 37:8-10
The Holy Spirit of God shall bring life to the church.
The wind is the Holy Spirit.