Summary: ❶ Because of the Blood of the Lamb - v.6-7, 22 ❷ Because of the Promise of God - v.13 ❸ Because of the Act of Faith - Slaying the lamb - Taking the blood - Applying the blood
- First Sunday in October is the “Day of Prayer for the Peace of Jerusalem”
- Why because of various events of the Jewish people
Dates for 2009
Rosh Hashanah - Sept 19
- Means, literally, "head of the year" or "first of the year."
Yom Kippur - Sept 27
- For sins between man and God
Sukkot - Started Sat Oct. 3 lasts until Fri Oct 9.
- means "booths,"
- "The Feast of Tabernacles,"
- 5th day after - Yom Kippur” Sept 28
Shemini Atzeret Sat Oct 10
- Meaning "Rejoicing in the Torah."
- Last of the Torah readings before the cycle begins again
Also now remember the Passover in the Spring
Can we be sure of heaven as thou we were there?
— Ex 12
- Imagine you are first born sons
- You have heard the word of the Lord
- Ex 6:6-6 — “I” 10x in 3 v.
- Begins & ends with “I am the Lord”
- Again though out the 10 plagues
- “I am the Lord”
6:29, 7:5, 7:17,8:22, 10:2
- You have seen 9 plagues - ch. 7-11
- Blood, Frogs, Lice, Flies, Cattle, Boils, Locust & Darkness
- Remember you are the 1st born
- Now 14th day of the 1st month v.2 & 6
- Could you go to sleep knowing you would wake up in the morning?
You could have more certainty that night than any other night
❶ Because of the Blood of the Lamb
- v.6-7, 22
- Hyssop used for blood
- Hyssop at the cross
- To give Jesus vinegar Jn 18:28
- On the door way - Here was the entrance for salvation
❷ Because of the Promise of God
- v.13- When I see the blood I will pass over your
❸ Because of the Act of Faith
- Slaying the lamb
- Taking the blood
- Applying the blood
- On the door post and lintel
(The entrance to the home)
Certainty of Death Upon each of us
1. Christ the lamb of God slain
2. The promise of God
— John 3:15KJv That whosoever believeth in him should not perish,but have eternal life.
— Romans 6:23KJV For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
— Hebrews 9:22KJV ... without shedding of blood is no remission.
— 1 John 1:7KJV ... the blood of Jesus
Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
3. Our Act of faith is Believing