Summary: Someone called Zacchaeus did something and it pleased God. Can you do it as well or have you been doing it and you need improvement on it? God bless you as you study along in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
Luke 19:1 And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.
- Rom 8:14. “For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.”
- God led Jesus through Jericho to the destination which God was revealing to Him.
- What is your source of motion? What is leading you, directing you, moving you, advising you? Holy Spirit?
- Can God tell you to go to the office on time, but not to the church on time? Or
- Would He tell you to be faithful to your employer and go to work every day of the week and not to come to His service(s) in the cool of the day or weekends?
- God gave you 168 hours in a week, only asks you to return at least 5-6hrs i.e. Tuesday (Digging Deep – 1hr), Thursday (Faith Clinic – 1hr) and Sunday (Service – 3-4hrs), yet, very difficult, how much more to ask from you the tithe of the time i.e. 16hrs : 8mins. Fear God!!!!!
Luke 19:2 And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich
- This is a rich man, who still ran after Jesus
- When the Bible says someone is rich, just know that indeed such a fellow is rich. For us, what have we got that we wait for Jesus to send His ministers to run after us to call us and beg us to attend services?
- To be rich is good, but don’t forget your source.
- Do not forget your source like a meander around a river
Luke 19:3 And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature
- In Matt 7:7, we are told to seek and we shall find. Did he find Jesus? Please, read on…
- God’s Word can or will come to pass in our daily lives only if we seek Him consciously
- Matt 6:33 “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
Luke 19:4 And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.
- This meant that he unknowingly behaved like an eagle and flew upward to see God clearly. What a sacrifice!!!
- This also meant that he went to stay at a place before Jesus could get there and went extra mile to even climb up on a tree just for Jesus. A man and not a boy for that matter.
- How many of us leave our homes to get to the place of service or worship before the service time starts?
- We all know that everything has its reward, for this, it’s in verse (Luke 19:5)
- Do you know that your prayers before the service begins in the presence of God can deliver to you your expectation and at this time (service period), you will be rendering to God thanksgiving, while others are just beginning to ask God for things.
- It is all about a life of dedication to God, which God REALLY expects from us.
Luke 19:5 And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for today I must abide at thy house.
- Zacchaeus found Jesus. Not only did he find Jesus, Jesus found him first, Jesus gave him a surprise!! Rev 3:20 “Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”