Summary: We live in a day when everyone loves to Judge. · The trial of O.J. Simpson in 1995 opened a door. · Everyone has their opinion on weather O.J. is guilty. · Johnny Cochran, F. Lee Bailey are names that we remember. · Regardless if O.J. is guilty or
Luke 6: 37 "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."
39 And He spoke a parable to them: "Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into the ditch?
40 A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher.
41 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye?
42 Or how can you say to your brother, "Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother’s eye.
We live in a day when everyone loves to Judge.
· The trial of O.J. Simpson in 1995 opened a door.
· Everyone has their opinion on weather O.J. is guilty.
· Johnny Cochran, F. Lee Bailey are names that we remember.
· Regardless if O.J. is guilty or not, there’s an all seeing eye that watches everything we do.
The church is the most critical group of others.
· We stab and push our opinion and don’t thing anything about popping off about someone else.
· Who are we to judge?
· What right do we have to condemn someone to hell, when we ourselves deserve Hell.
3 Then the scribes and Pharisees brought to Him a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst,
4 they said to Him, "Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?"
6 This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear.
7 So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."
8 And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground.
9 Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
· When I get to Heaven, one of the questions I want to ask (other then Adam to show me his belly so I can see if he had a belly button) is to Jesus, What did you write in the sand?
· Could it have been the Ten Commandments,
· Or maybe the names of some of the men that he knew had been with this woman. I don’t know but whatever it was mixed with his statement scattered the men as if someone yelled, “LEPER”.
Psalm 9: 7 The LORD reigns forever; he has established his throne for judgment.
Psalm 47: 8 God reigns over the nations; God is seated on his holy throne.
Judgment is not just for heathens:
Matthew 5: 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
I Peter 4: 17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?
There are some that think they are better then others.
· Because you have a fancy car or house.
· Isaiah 2: 12 For the day of the LORD of hosts shall be upon every one that is proud and lofty, and upon every one that is lifted up; and he shall be brought low:
· Proverbs 6: 16These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: 17A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
· September 11th was a result of a Nation who had forgot God.
· Who had taken for granted the Liberties that we have.
· Thousands of years before it was prophesied by Isaiah in
· Isaiah 30: 25And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.