Summary: 1. Freedom from Sin’s Guilt 2. Freedom from Sin’s Dominion 3. Freedom from the Law’s Bondage 4. Freedom from the Law of Sin and Death
- United States could just as easily have become an American monarchy rather than a democratic republic.
- At the close of the American Revolution, George Washington was more popular in this country than any man in any time before or since.
- As the war ended, some of the Continental army officers wanted to make Washington a king and place him on the American throne.
- Washington - “If you have any regard for yourself or posterity, or respect for me, banish these thoughts from your mind, ...
- “I did not fight George the Third in order to become George the First.”
- Deceleration of Independence written almost entirely by Thomas Jefferson over 17 days
- He borrowed heavily from John Locke’s Second Essay of Government a British philosopher
- He was called "The Philosopher of Freedom."in 1690
— How does it begin?
When, in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bonds which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the laws of nature and of nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men ...
- America is the only nation in the world founded upon a creed
- Other nations are founded upon Race
- The power of Kings or Emperors who took lands
- America is founded on a shared belief – A Creed
- Deceleration of Independence is in danger of being forgotten
- 66 % American Adults do not know “We hold these Truths to be
self-evident” that it comes from the Declaration of Independence
- 45% College seniors do not know where the statement
“unalienable Rights, are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness” come from
- America is slowly becoming like a King Arthur Legend
Remember King Arthur - 2004 Movie
- In an age of treachery and darkness, one king brought peace and prosperity to his land, defended it from every danger, and expanded it to an empire that would rival Rome itself.
- His wise counselor taught him the ways of justice and to value truth.
- At his command a loyal band of fearless, gentle knights protected the helpless, struggled against evil, and faced unimagined peril.
— He was the legendary King Arthur...
- Alas, that’s exactly what King Arthur is: legendary
- Israel began thinking this way
Israel Demand for a King
1 Sam 8:5, 19-20
1 Samuel 8:7KJV
7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.
- From Moses to Saul 379 yr. — Became Forgetful
- America is 233 yr. old — Becoming Forgetful
- 4th of July