Summary: "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."
Change the Image
"For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a
man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not,
then do we with patience wait for it."
-- (Romans 8:24-25)
According to Romans, hope is actually looking at something that you
can’t see. How do you do that? You do it by looking at the promises of
God in the Word until with your inner eyes--the eyes of your spirit--a
picture is formed.
For example, one of the hardest things I ever had to do was face the
fact that the inner image I had of myself physically was fat. It didn’t
matter how hard I tried to change, it wouldn’t go away. I was always on
a diet. I must have lost (and regained) hundreds of pounds over the
I finally had to admit that as long as my inner image of myself was fat,
my outer self was going to match it. Remember, it’s faith that changes
things, and without the inner image of hope, faith cannot work.
So I decided to fast for seven days. I searched my Bible for every
scripture I could find on food and eating and I found many.
I meditated on every one of those scriptures and prayed in the Spirit
for seven full days. What was I doing? I was laying hold on a different
This is not something you can do overnight. It takes time. Especially if
the inner image you’re changing has been there for years.
But you can do it. Go to the Word of God today and begin to change the
images inside you. Change them from images of despair to images of hope.
Get a blueprint in your heart and your faith will build on it!
Romans 8:24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
In the final analysis, present salvation is a hope. Many things can happen before the final change to immortality and eternal life
Twenty-three conditions of eternal life:
1. Come to Christ (John 6:37,44,45,65).
2. Eat His flesh—drink His blood (John 6:50,51,53,58).
3. Labor (John 6:27).
4. Reap—win souls (John 4:35-38).
5. Hate (love less) the life in this world (John 12:25).
6. Know God and Christ (John 17:2-3).
7. Enter right gate (Matthew 7:13-14).
8. Cause no offense (Matthew 18:8-9).
9. Keep commandments (Matthew 19:17).
10. Forsake all (Matthew 19:27-29; Mark 10:28-30; Luke 18:28-30).
11. Live free from sin (Romans 5:21; Romans 6:16-23; Romans 8:1-13; Titus 2:11-14).
12. Continue in well-doing and seek eternal life (Romans 2:7).
13. Sow to the Spirit (Galatians 6:7-8).
14. Fight the good fight of faith; lay hold on it (1 Tim. 6:12,19).
15. Be sober and hope to the end for it (Titus 1:2; Titus 3:7; 1 Peter 1:5,9,13 with Romans 8:24).
16. Endure temptations (James 1:12).
17. Let the promise of it remain in you and continue in God and Christ (1 John 2:24-25; 1 John 5:11-20).
18. Love everybody (1 John 3:14-15).
19. Keep yourself in the love of God, looking for eternal life (Jude 1:20-24).
20. Overcome sin (Rev. 2:7,11,17,26; Rev. 3:5,12,21)
21. Be faithful unto death (Rev. 2:10; Hebrews 12:14-15).
22. Believe and obey the gospel (John 3:15-19,36; John 4:14; John 5:24; John 6:40,47,54; 2 Cor. 5:17; Romans 1:5).