Summary: PROPOSITION: Because Christ is the essence of wisdom, you must embody Him in order to have your life become a masterpiece that will endure.
Choose Godly Wisdom
PROPOSITION: Because Christ is the essence of wisdom, you must embody Him in order to have your life become a masterpiece that will endure.
I. Flee the enticement of self-gratifying folly.
A. Folly’s perverse proposition (1:10-12).
1. An enticement to follow sinners (10).
2. An enticement to do wickedness (11-12).
B. Folly’s tempting promises (1:13-14).
1. Greed’s false promise of prosperity (13).
2. Greed’s false promise of being better off (14).
C. Folly’s destructive path (1:15-16).
1. Ungodly friendships are forbidden (15).
2. Ungodly friendships lead to evil (16).
D. Folly’s fatal prospect (1:17-19).
1. Sin lays moral traps (17-18).
2. These traps ruin the author (19).
II. Pursue Christ’s invitation of godly wisdom.
A. Wisdom’s prolonged proposition (1:20-22).
1. Wisdom is being heralded through Christ!
2. Wisdom is being offered to you!
B. Wisdom’s simple promise (1:23).
1. If you will repent, then Christ will receive you.
2. If you will repent, then Christ will make you wise.
C. Wisdom’s tragic prediction (1:24-32).
1. People refuse Christ even though He reaches out to them (24-25).
2. Christ eventually will reject you if you persist in your folly (26-32).
D. Wisdom’s blessed prospect (1:33)
1. Wisdom’s invitation is open to everyone.
2. Wisdom’s invitation offers eternal security.