Summary: 1. Who am I? v.24 2. What are my choices? v.24 3. What is important? v.26 4. What are my goals? v.27 5. What do I believe v.28
You Follow What You Are Tied Too
- Two hunters out hunting
- Come what appeared at first as an abandoned farm
- Barn sagging, house in disrepair, old car & tractor parts lying around.
- Only thing that made it a working far were a few chickens pecking away and a goat wandering around
- As they entered the yard they came across an old well
- One said to the other “Wonder how deep it is?”
- Other said, “We’ll have to drop something down and listen for the splash”
- They look around to drop something down
- They only thing close by was an old transmission
- They both hulled over to the well and dropped it
- Counted and waited for the splash
- It was deep a deep one all right
- Turned to leave and the goat was charging straight at them
- Head down and feet hardly touching the ground
- At the last moment they jumped aside
- They goat went right past them and straight over the side and down the shaft
- Looking at each other in amazement
- Never seen anything like it before
- As they started to leave the owner of the farm came into the yard
- Chatted for a moment
- Got permission to hunt on his land
- Farmer asked, “Have you seen my goat?”
- Hunters, “Your goat almost killed us charging at us”
- You should have had that goat tied up
- Farmer, “I thought I had him tied up”; Yes, I know I had him tied, He was tied to an old transmission
POINT – YOU FOLLOW WHAT YOU ARE TIED TOO
- What are you tied too?
7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.
15 And she (Delilah) said unto him, How canst thou say, I love thee, when thine heart is not with me? thou hast mocked me these three times, and hast not told me wherein thy great strength lieth.
- Why was God able to use him
- He settled some basic questions to what he was tied too in his life.
1. Who Am I? - v.24
- Be Yourself - v.24 (Genuine, Real)
- Nobody who can be you except you
- Made for a purpose
- Moses had an identity crisis after being adopted – Jewish/Egyptian
- Had to decide - Who am I?
- Egyptian - Power, Wealth, Glory
- Jewish - Humiliated, Ousted, Slave
- Seeing Israel mistreated decision made
- Moses a man of character & integrity
- v. 24 circle refused
- Gk - to reject, to deny, to totally disown
- He wanted to do what God had made him to do
2. What Are My Choices? - v.24
- Accept Responsibility For Your Own Life – v. 25
- Society loves to let us pass the buck.
- Blame the environment."
"When you were a little baby your mom held your head under the water in the bathtub too long so you had these repressed emotions and it's no wonder you are what you are today
- Crave perpetual pity
- Blame others not yourself
- Where has that gotten you?
- Don't blame somebody else for your life
- Don't say, "It's not my fault."
- The fact of the matter is, nobody can ruin your life ultimately except you.
- Satan can't -- he doesn't have enough power.
- God won't -- He loves you too much