Summary: How majestic, glorious, and sovereign is Christ.
I. The Majesty of Christ
A) The Forerunner shows the Majesty of Christ
- John 1:23 He said, "I am the voice of one crying out in the wilderness, 'Make straight the way of the Lord,' as the prophet Isaiah said."
B) The King Makers shows the Majesty of Christ
- Mat 2:1 Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, wise men from the east came to Jerusalem,
- Mat 2:11 and going into the house they saw the child with Mary his mother, and they fell down and worshiped him. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts, gold and frankincense and myrrh.
II. The Glory of Christ
A) The first thing was prayer Luke 9:28-36
- I am reminded of last week’s sermon and how the disciples were gathered for prayer just before God showed up
- We need to see a glimpse of the glory of God
- Pray for it, expect it, wait for it
III. The Deity of Christ John 1:1-3
- What is it that ties all this together and makes it special to us?
- The truth is that without the grace of God the former attributes would be intimidating
- Unless our sin be taken care of the Majesty of Christ would scare us
- Without the cross the glory of Christ would drive us to the ground like it did Daniel only we would have no hope beyond it
- Without the redemption of Christ and our sins forgiven us the Deity of Christ may drive us to hate and disdain