Summary: Rom. 8:31 gives us a battle cry against the treats of life. We that God is avialable and on our side
KJV What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
Amp - What then shall we say to [all] this? If God is for us, who [can be] against us? [Who can be our foe, if God is on our side?
- Rebel Yell was used during charges to intimidate the enemy and boost their own courage ‘Woh-who-ey! who-ey! who-ey! Woh-who-ey! who-ey!"
- US Lieut. Ambrose Bierce, at the Battle of Chickamauga - Sept 20/1863
• It was the ugliest sound that any mortal ever heard -- even a mortal exhausted and unnerved by two days of hard fighting, without sleep, without rest, without food and without hope..."
- USA – “In God We Trust”
- Canada – “We stand on guard for thee”
- UK – “God & my right”
- AWANA – Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed – 2 Ti 2:15
“God Is For Us” – Has been the battle cry through the ages
Ex 14:13 - Moses at the Red Sea – ‘’See the salvation of the Lord”…
Judg 7:20 … “The sword of the Lord, and of Gideon”
- 1 Sa 17:47 David & Goliath … “The battle belongs to the Lord”…
- 2 Chron. 20:15 Jehoshaphat … “The battle belongs to the Lord”…
Psalm 27:1 (AV)
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
Hebrews 13:6 (AV) Hebrews theme “Christ Is Supreme” (Superior)
6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.
1 John 4:4 (AV) 1 Jn. theme “Fellowship With Christ”
4 ….. greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
Ro 8:31 …“If” - God is for us, who can be against us?
- IF - fulfilled condition = since we are His children
- Absolute certainty - This "if" is not "iffy"
- God is for us when we are in accordance with the Scripture.
2 Corinthians 5:17 (AV) Corinthians theme – “Christ My Sufficiency”
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
- Christ owns His people through his blood & death for sin
- As a child of God He will care & help us
- This verse does not eliminate the threats
1.) Spiritual Wickedness
Ephesians 6:12 (AV)
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
2.) The World
- 1 John 2:15–17 (AV)
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
- Lust of the flesh – The senses - desires of the body