Summary: Faith for my deliverance is not faith in God. Faith means, whether I am visibly delivered or not, I will stick to my belief that God is love. There are some things only learned in a fiery furnace.
Christ’s Positive Answer for Every Negative Problem
"Let us love not merely in theory or in speech but in deed and in truth. By this we shall come to know (perceive, recognize and understand) that we are of the Truth and can reassure (quiet, conciliate and pacify) our hearts in His presence. Whenever our hearts in (tormenting) self-accusation make us feel guilty and condemn us. For we are in God’s hands For He is above and greater than our consciences (our hearts) and He knows (perceives and understands) everything (nothing is hidden from Him). (I John 3:18-20)
Illustration: Sin, its effects: How does a worm get inside an apple? Perhaps you think the worm burrows in from the outside. No, scientists have discovered that the worm comes from inside. But how does he get in there? Simple! An insect lays an egg in the apple blossom. Sometime later, the worm hatches in the heart of the apple, then eats his way out. Sin, like the worn, begins in the heart and works out through a person’s thoughts, words, and actions.
Heaven and Home Hour Radio Bulletin.
Quote: From the New York Yankees pitcher who learned to not focus on the criticisms of angry people:
"Weaver admitted he has had difficulty adapting to New York and said he is steeling himself from criticism. "I’ve put down the paper; I don’t read it anymore," Weaver said. "It’s human nature that you want to hear what other people think about you. But now I know that’s not what’s important."
Quote: When I was research head of General Motors and wanted a problem solved, I’d place a table outside the meeting room with a sign: Leave slide rules here. If I didn’t do that, I’d find someone reaching for his slide rule. Then he’d be on his feet saying, "Boss, you can’t do it."
Charles F. Kettering in Bits & Pieces, Dec, 1991, p. 24.
2. When you say: "I’m too tired" - Jesus says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matt. 11:28,29)
Illustration: The 5 Stages of a Project
Stage 1: Excitement, euphoria
Stage 2: Disenchantment
Stage 3: Search for the guilty
Stage 4: Punishment of the innocent
Stage 5: Distinction for the uninvolved
MSC Health Action News, April, 1993.
3. When you say: "Nobody really cares about me." - Jesus says, "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." (I John 4:10)
4. When you say: "I can’t figure things out since I am confused." - Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth and the life." Jesus also says, "Trust in the Lord with all of your heart and do not rely on your own insights. In all your ways acknowledge God and He will direct your paths."(Pv. 3:5,6)
5. When you say: "I’m not able to carry this heavy burden." - Jesus says, "Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." (Psa. 55:22)
6. When you say: "The pressures from the world, the flesh, and the devil are too strong for me." - Jesus say, "Love not the world or the things that are in the world. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, the lusts of the eyes and the boastful pride of life are not from the Father, but are from the world - Love the Lord with all your heart, soul, strength and mind and your neighbor as yourself and you will have the empowerment to overcome anything or anyone."
7. When you say: "I am not able to solve this problem." - Jesus says, "You can do everything God asks you to do with the help of Christ who gives you the strength and power." (Phil. 4:13)
8. When you say: "I do not have sufficient strength, resources or wisdom to handle this problem." - Jesus says, "My grace is sufficient for you for My power is perfected in your weakness." (2 Cor. 12:9,10)
9. When you say: "It’s not worth it." - Jesus says, "All things work together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose." (Romans 8:28)
10. When you say: "I cannot forgive that person." - Jesus says, "Unless you forgive your brother from your heart, neither will I forgive you - forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For Yours is the kingdom, the power and the glory forever." (Matt. 18:35; Matt. 6:9-15)