Summary: A message that challenges and encourages us that Christ still reigns over a world in turmoil.
Christ The King Still Reigns
• Psalm 2 (quickview)  was spoken through the mouth of David by inspiration of the Holy Spirit. This fact is confirmed in Acts 4:25 (quickview)  when the first century apostles quoted this passage when they were enduring persecution from the religious rulers of their day.
• One truth for certain: this psalm not only spoke powerfully in the day it was written– but this psalm speaks very powerfully and prophetically to us as the Church in this day.
• In this message we will see: 1.) The Rebellion of A Sinful World 2.) The Response of A Righteous God 3.) The Rulership of Christ As King 4.) The Acceptable Response To Christ As King
• No matter how dark the times or how wicked our nation becomes – we can rest with assurance that Jesus Christ, the Righteous King still reigns as Lord and Ruler over all the Earth– and His glory, His Righteousness and His justice will be made known.
1. The Rebellion of A Sinful World (verses 1-3)
• In the KJV, it asks in verse 1 “Why do the heathen rage? The NIV says “Why do the nations conspire...?
• The heathen are the unbelieving, -the many peoples and nations that rage against God and His Word. They rage and conspire against the righteousness of God and the things above—the things associated with His Kingdom.
• The heathen rage against the Church today. In the United States of America, as well as other nations around this world, the Church and Biblical Christianity is being mocked, belittled, persecuted and attacked by those that are given to unbelief and hardness against the Living God and His Son Christ Jesus.
• In our nation today, Christianity, which was the once esteemed belief and moral code of our land is now being cast aside and thrown into the streets.
• The peoples “plot in vain”– plotting so called “secret schemes” to undermine God and His Word and His Righteous ways. They plot to not only persecute the righteous that belong to God– but more and more the nations plot to rise up against the Church and try in their power to demoralize and destroy the faith that is in Christ Jesus.
• The “kings of the earth” and the “rulers” gather together in a common front to oppose Christ and His Kingdom.
• Who are these “kings and rulers”? We remember in the time of Christ Himself, the Jewish religious leaders violently opposed Christ. King Herod opposed him. Pontius Pilate, though finding no basis to accuse Him, still gave in to the desire of the Jews and handed Him over to be crucified.
• Kings and rulers in many nations over the last 2000 years have fiercely opposed the Risen Christ and His Blessed Church. Many attempts have been made over the centuries to try and extinguish the Church and the Gospel.
• Today, in America, our politicians, government leaders, court justices, and school administrators rage against Jesus Christ and work tirelessly to remove His name and His influence from the public arena— making way for a humanistic, self-exalting, lust pursuing society without God and without hope.