Summary: Christians are more than conquerors through Jesus Christ.
Title: "Christians Can Be Conquerors"
God permits trials to come that we might use them for our good and His glory. We endure trials for His sake, and because of this He becomes closer to us.
Furthermore, He gives us the power to conquer. “To be more than a conqueror” means to have assistance from another who gets the victory for us, who never lets us be defeated. We need not to fear life or death, things present or things to come, because Jesus Christ loves us and gives us the victory.
I. By Living In Christ
“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
A. Christians are new creatures in Christ
1. The old things have passed away
2. All things have become new
B. Christians lack victory because the do not continue to live in Christ
1. They neglect prayer
2. They neglect Bible study
3. They neglect church attendance
II. By Leaning On Christ
A. Christians should learn to trust the Lord completely
1. They must trust Him not only for the salvation of their souls but also for the direction of their lives
2. They should acknowledge that they are not capable of guiding themselves
B. The Lord should be our hope and help
C. The Lord helps, delivers, and saves His children because they trust in Him
III. By Laboring With Christ
A. Many Christians are not hard workers for God
B. Gods people often lack the time and concern to do His work
1. To lend a helping hand
2. To speak a kind word to someone
3. To give assistance to the homeless
4. To witness to the lost
IV. By Loving Through Christ
A. Christians often fail to walk in love like they should
1. To walk in love means to give ourselves for others
2. This is what Christ, our perfect example did
In the midst of life’s afflictions, we have God’s assurance of His eternal presence and therefore are said to be more than conquerors. We do not merely hold our own in the face of testing, but through suffering we are drawn closer to Christ and become more conformed to His image.