Summary: What are we as children of God?
CHRISTIANS, WHAT ARE THEY? Acts 11:26
I. CHRISTIANS, WHAT ARE THEY?
1. They are the Children of God; Galatians 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
2. They are forgiven; I John 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
3. They are justified; Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.
4. They are sanctified; I Corinthians 1:1 Paul, called as an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God
5. They are made nigh unto God; Ephesians 2:13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
6. They are complete; Colossians 2:10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
II. CHRISTIANS, WHAT SHOULD THEY BE?
1. Imitators of God as children; Ephesians 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
2. Doers of the Word; James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
3. Holy; I Peter 1:16 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
4. Sober and prayerful; I Peter 4:7 The end of all things is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer.
5. Faithful unto death; Revelation 2:10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.
III. CHRISTIANS, WHAT THEY SHOULD NOT BE
1. Be not faithless, but believing; John 20:27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
2. Be not conformed to the world; Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
3. Be not wise in their own conceits; Romans 12:16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.
4. Be not unequally yoked together with unbelievers; II Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
5. Be not deceived by unrighteous practices; Galatians 6: 7, 8 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.
6. Be not weary in well doing; II Thessalonians 3:13 But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
IV. CHRISTIANS, WHAT THEY SHALL BE
1. Saved from wrath; Romans 5:19 For as through the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.
2. Saved by His life; Romans 5:10 For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved by His life.
3. Heirs of salvation; Hebrews 1:13,14 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool? Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?
4. Sons and Daughters; II Corinthians 6: 17, 18 Therefore, come out from their midst and be separate, says the Lord. and do not touch what is unclean; And I will welcome you. And I will be a father to you, And you shall be sons and daughters to Me," Says the Lord Almighty.
5. For ever with the Lord; I Thessalonians 4:16,17 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
6. Like Christ; I John 3:2 Beloved, now we are children of God, and it has not appeared as yet what we will be. We know that when He appears, we will be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is.