Summary: This is the 4th study in the study "Doctrinal Issues From 1 Timothy".
Series: Doctrinal Issues From 1 Timothy[#4]
THE DOCTRINE OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST
1. One way to salvation: Jesus Christ.
2. Christology: The doctrine of Jesus Christ.
3. This verse is a hymn that summarizes all that Jesus Christ has done.
¡§He appeared in a body¡K¡¨
1. God was manifested in the flesh.
2. Man or God?
3. Virgin birth.
¡§¡Kwas vindicated by the Spirit¡K¡¨
1. Jesus lived His life by the power of the Holy Spirit.
2. Power of the Spirit in Christ¡¦s life:
„^ Born of the Spirit (Luke 1:35).
„^ Lived by the Spirit (John 3:34).
„^ Spoke by the Spirit (John 6:63).
„^ Worked by the Spirit (Matthew 12:28).
„^ Died by the Spirit (Hebrews 9:14).
„^ Rose by the Spirit (1 Peter 3:18).
3. The Holy Spirit is verification of Jesus being the Son of God (Romans 1:4).
¡§¡Kwas seen by angels¡K¡¨
1. Before Jesus became flesh He was invisible to the created eye (Colossians 1:15). Angels could only look upon the ¡§glory of God¡¨.
2. The angels watched Christ from birth to death; to resurrection to ascension.
3. The angels are verification of Jesus being God in the flesh.
¡§¡Kwas preached among the nations¡K¡¨
1. Jesus is the Savior of the world (John 3:16).
2. God desires that all be saved (1 Timothy 2:3-4).
3. Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20).
¡§¡Kwas believed on in the world¡K¡¨
1. Salvation comes through belief in Christ as Son of God, raised from the dead (Romans 10:9-13).
2. Jesus came to seek and save the lost (1 Timothy 1:15-16).
3. Our focus must be the same as Christ¡¦s, that the lost be saved (1 Corinthians 9:22).
¡§¡Kwas taken up in glory¡K¡¨
1. The ascension (Acts 1:1-11).
2. Christ is at the right hand of the Father (Ephesians 1:15-23).
3. He will come again.
Question And Answer Time.