Summary: Abraham's Promise
Genesis 12:1-3. Now the Lord had said to Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred and from they father’s house unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee: and in thee shall all families of earth be blessed.
The blessing is three fold: (1). I will give thee a land. (2). I will make thee a great nation. (3). I will bless thee. Hebrews 6:13-15.
Abraham was an idol worshipper. He was 75 years old when he left his family and his father’s house. Genesis 12:4.
Blessing means, “beneficial endowment of the power of God to produce well being in a person.” Abraham was old and well stricken in age and the Lord blessed him in all things. Genesis 24: 4.
If we are to claim the blessings of Abraham we must follow Abraham’s example:
We do not need to understand everything about what God is doing we
Abraham’s servant said, “The Lord hath blessed my master greatly and he has become great.” Genesis 24:35.
Abraham lived to be 175 years old and his entire life was filled with blessings. Hebrews 11:8-10. The key to Abraham’ blessing is obedience. Obedience is essential to faith and the first step to receiving the blessing. Abraham made offerings unto God. Genesis 12:7-8. Abraham was a worshipper. Abrahram found out who God was by their relationship He expected God to keep His word. He also found out things about himself. (It’s called self-discovery)
1. Must be assured that it is something wonderful.
2. Attitude is everything.
3. We are to regard others above our selves.
4. We must learn that there is an inexhaustible supply of strength and well-being in God’s Word and trust in it.
5. I will pour out my blessing. (eulogia) Means “to be blessed.”
6. God will enlarge your capacity to receive. Galatians 3:7-10.
7. God will stop the Devil from messing with your stuff.
8. Your blessing will not be premature. Proverbs 11:24-26.
9. Criticism will not stop your blessing. vs.12 a.
10. You will be the envy of others.
We are Abraham’s seed group. It’s your ground. It’s your plants. It’s your field. It’s seed.
11. Finally we must go God’ way. God will line out your future. We must start somewhere. We must view We can discover from Abraham’s example on how to open the windows of heaven
Abraham is God’s envoy. He was not doing things for himself.
There are seven blessings produced by Abraham’s covenant. Malachi 3:10-11.
God is saying test me and I will open the windows of heaven.
I will pour out blessings (eulogia- means “to bless.”)
God will enlarge your capacity to receive. Galatians 3:7-10.
God will stop the Devil from messing with your stuff.
Your blessing will not be premature. Proverbs 11:24-26
Criticism will not stop your blessing. V. 12 (a)
You will be the envy of others.
4. We are all (every child of God) of Abraham’s seed group
It’s your ground to plant in.
It’s your plants.
It’s your field.
It’s your seed. (You can save it till it rots or you can eat it)
5. We must go God’s way
God will line out your future.
We must start somewhere.
We must view objects the way that God views them.