Summary: Judas shows us just how close a person can get to Jesus and not be a Christian.
Close, but no Salvation
April 8, 2009 Community Holy Week Service
First Baptist Church, Wagoner, OK
Message Point: Judas shows us just how close a person can get to Jesus and not be a Christian.
Focus Passage: Matt 26:14-16, 21-25, 47-50
I. Judas shows us just how close a person can get to Jesus and not be a Christian.
a. 1. He saw Jesus walk on water.
2. He saw Jesus raise the dead.
3. He was there when Jesus opened the eyes of the blind.
4. He heard all the divine wisdom which Jesus used to silence His critics.
5. He walked by Jesus side all across Palestine.
6. He heard Jesus pray many times and perhaps even prayed with Him.
7. He saw the love for people that Jesus had in His eyes and demonstrated with His actions.
8. He saw Jesus walk among sinful men for over three years and yet he never saw Him do
9. He sat with Jesus as the Last Supper and broke bread with Him.
10. He knew Jesus was the Son of God and yet he never trusted Him as Savior.
11. He betrayed Jesus with a kiss.
Someone said: “Judas kissed the door to Heaven but died and went to Hell.”
12. He was so close to Jesus, but so far.
a. Just because you go to church doesn’t mean you are going to Heaven.
b. You must be born again.
c. If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there by any evidence to convict you?