Summary: Throughout the ages, mankind has responded differently to the Babe in the Manger. How do we respond to God in the flesh.
COME AND WORSHIP HIM
1. Dearly Beloved, this is the time of the year when most of us get into the Spirit of Christmas. One of the things that I love to do, is hear the different views that children have about Christmas and the antics that they get up to.
2. There was this Sunday School teacher who was telling her class that Jesus was just like any other baby, and said: “Mary fed Him, and rocked Him and sang to Him, and bathed Him and changed His diapers..” Every little mouth dropped open when the teacher made mention of His diaper needing to be changed until finally one little girl told the teacher: “Don’t you think that’s kind of personal3. Before a Christmas pageant a small boy portraying the innkeeper in Bethlehem was instructed to turn away Mary and Joseph from his inn. The boy, however, felt so badly for them that he said, “There’s no room at the inn, but would you like to come in for a drink?”
4. And with the rising costs of insurance in the state of Florida, I came across this question, and I want to pose it to you today. “Why was Jesus born in a stable? Because Joseph and Mary had a HMO health insurance plan. ?”(Taken from Holy Hilarity)
5. Ok enough merriment! NO WAY! Christmas is about laughter and merriment. Have you ever considered why there is so much merriment at this time of the year, and yet it can really be a time of pain and suffering for many, and it shouldn’t be. It all depends on our focus.
6. This is the time that has been set aside by mankind to honor the coming to earth of God in the flesh. There are many who would make this a time of argument, just because they want to get religious and pious, and in fact make their religion out of arguing and their being right regardless of the truth. There are many who argue that this is not the right time, and we should not honor a certain day and so on and so forth, and I can hear their listeners groaning.
7. I agree, we should not worship this day, it is wrong to worship a day, or a month, or a time period. Beloved, I do not worship a day, or anything else, and I am not so bound up in imprisoning religion that I am going to force my stupidity upon someone else, and so take their focus of the real and true God, Jesus Christ. Like the apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 2:2, we must preach and focus only on the Lord Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.
8. Beloved of Jesus, do not allow anyone to anyone, or anything to get your focus off Jesus and onto some ridiculous law which in itself becomes a god. WHO DO YOU KNOW? WHO DO YOU KNOW? WHO DO YOU KNOW? I am FREE in Christ Jesus. Get off my back, and take the regulations back to where they came from the GATES OF HELL.
9. Beloved of Jesus, this is the best time of the year for me. Each and every day, I worship the Creator for his coming to earth, for His adult life of perfection, for His death, burial and resurrection. Very rarely do I take time to focus on WHAT GOD DESIRED AND BECAME FOR ME.
10. At this time of the year, let us focus on what God ordained for Himself, and what He became for us. ISA 9:6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. ISA 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end. He will reign on David’s throne and over his kingdom, establishing and upholding it with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever. The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this.
11. Beloved, this is the time of the year, when we focus on the gift that God has given to us. On that night so many years ago, the Almighty, Most Powerful, Infinite, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Creator God, laid all this aside and became half a human Chromosome, bonding himself with the Chromosome of a human woman, Mary, and so began growing into a human being. Nine months He grew into human form within the womb of a woman, His creation, and all because He desired to give us the gift of eternal life with Him.
12. Paul explains this quite adequately in PHP 2:6 Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, PHP 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.