Summary: The Cross covers our past, present and future sins!
Martin Luther: “Romans 3:21-31 is the chief point of the whole Bible!”
Nine Things Of What Has God Done For Us In Salvation:
1) Salvation was designed by God! Vs. 21a “A righteousness from God…” (NIV)
2) Salvation is not Earned! Vs. 21b “A righteousness…apart from law…” (NIV)
Our natural human tendency is to try to do things to get to heaven!
3) Salvation is not Hidden! Vs. 21c “A righteousness has been made known, to which the Law and the Prophets testify.” (NIV)
4) Salvation is through Faith! Vs. 22 “Comes through faith in Jesus Christ…” (NIV)
Two Mistakes of Faith:
“I don’t have enough Faith!”
“What are you putting your Faith in?”
5) Salvation is Available for all who believe! Vs. 22b “Comes…to all who believe.” (NIV)
Believe—means to put your confidence in!
6) Salvation is Necessary for All! Vs. 23 “for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God…” (NIV)
We all fall short of God’s Ideal!
7) Salvation is Undeserved! Vs. 24a “and are justified freely by his grace…” (NIV)
Freely—means “without a cause.”
We are Justified three ways:
By His Grace.
By His Blood.
By Faith in Him!
8) Salvation comes through Jesus Christ! Vs. 24b “through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.” (NIV)
Redemption—means “release by paying a ransom.”
9) Salvation is Expensive! Vs. 25a “God presented him as a sacrifice of atonement, through faith in his blood.” (NIV)
Question: Why did God create a plan of salvation?
The Cross covers our past, present and future sins!