Summary: Your reasons for inviting people to church effect the way you invite and the response to the invitation
COME WITH ME TO GOD’S HOUSE!
1. INVITATIONS THAT LEAD TO ACCEPTANCE
1. “they said to me” – not at me or over the phone
2. face to face – I really would enjoy your company
3. “Let Us” pick up; meet you out front; call you morning
1. “go into the house of the Lord”
2. someone is waiting for us –
1. The Lord – the one who always does what he says
2. How is God working in your life? others?
2. EXPECTATIONS THAT GENERATE EXCITEMENT
A. Solid Footing in a Quicksand World Vs. 2
B. Unity in a Disintegrating World 3-4a
a. compact – supernaturally joined together
b. that which binds is HS living w/in individuals
“where the tribes Go up”
C. Praise in a Pessimistic World 4b
Psalms 135:1-3 (MSG)
Hallelujah! Praise the name of God, praise the works of God. 2 All you priests on duty in God’s temple, serving in the sacred halls of our God, 3 Shout "Hallelujah!" because God’s so good, sing anthems to his beautiful name.
Psalms 146:1-2 (MSG)
Hallelujah! O my soul, praise God! 2 All my life long I’ll praise God, singing songs to my God as long as I live.
Psalms 150:1-6 (MSG)
Hallelujah! Praise God in his holy house of worship, praise him under the open skies; 2 Praise him for his acts of power, praise him for his magnificent greatness; 3 Praise with a blast on the trumpet, praise by strumming soft strings; 4 Praise him with castanets and dance, praise him with banjo and flute; 5 Praise him with cymbals and a big bass drum, praise him with fiddles and mandolin. 6 Let every living, breathing creature praise God! Hallelujah!
D. Absolutes in a Drifting World vs 5
1. Church – not a place where a man tells what he thinks
about God – find out what God thinks about him!!!
2. Generation of Pop Psychologist filling the Pulpits
a. Joel Ostean – Andy Stanley – Edwin Young
b. 7 steps to having a great life
3 steps to getting rich
5 steps to living longer
b. Preacher - was going to preach the word of God
1. never gave Book/ch/vs – talked about vision had
3. What God has to say has been said in His word
4. Wanting a new pill to cure what ails us
and truth is what ails us is sin!!!!
3. AN ANTICIPATION THAT COMPELS INVOLVEMENT 6-9
A. Things Happen When God’s People Pray vs. 6 - 7
Psalms 133:1-3 (KJV)
1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! 2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; 3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
B. People Are Changed when God’s church is right Vs. 8
C. Our Involvement With God is Reflected by our Involvement with His Church v. 9