Summary: Comfort for weary believers or those discouraged.
COMFORT DURING TRYING TIMES!
THEME: JESUS WILL CARES FOR US AND WILL HELP US DURING THESE LAST DAYS.
1. LET NOT YOUR HEART BE TROUBLED - VS.1
A. SICKNESS OF SOUL
1. The Maladies of the soul affect us physically - Psa. 42:11
2. Occurs because of:
A circumstance - Current text
A spiritual slump, weakness or failure - 2Cor. 2:6-8
Strained relationship - 2Cor. 2:6-8
When you feel overburdened - Mary/ Marth
The guilt of sin - 1John 3:20
3. Jesus discerns, observes, and is acquainted with all of our
Secret undiscovered sorrows.
B. TRUST BRINGS HEALING (BELIEVE IN ME)
1. Comes from a gr. Word meaning to entrust ones spiritual
well being to Christ.
2. Similar to placing your money in a bank for safe keeping
and peace of mind.
3. The Lord has promised to personally direct our life when we
completely entrust ourselves to Him. - Pro. 3:5-6
4. It’s a simple thing for God to care for us when we entrust
Ourselves completely to Him. - Luke 12:22-31
Not many people enjoy going to the doctor, but according to Reuters, in 1994, one London accountant to that to an extreme. The 63 man needed bladder surgery, but he couldn’t overcome his fear of doctors and hospitals. So he self-reliantly did what had to be done. He tried to perform the surgery upon himself. Tragically he got an infection and died. The coroner said, “Unfortunately, his drastic remedy went wrong. A simple operation would have solved the problem.” Just as many don’t trust doctors and hospitals, many people wont trust God. In their self-reliance, they destroy themselves.
5. God can:
Bring water/honey from a rock - Deut. 32:13; Exo. 17:6
Cause it to rain manna from heaven - Exo. 16
He can make a banquet in the wilderness/ cause the
Ravens to serve you. - 1Kings 17:4-6
He can make the oil and flour fail not - 1Kings 17:10-16
He can feed multitudes of (7 loaves/few fish) 4000/5000 (5 loaves/2 fish) with just a few pieces of bread and fish (5000 /12 baskets over – 4000/7 baskets over)
6. There’s a healing that takes place when we allow the Father
To take care of our problems rather than oursleves.
7. Our problems are no bother to Him.
2. I GO TO PREPARE A PLACE FOR YOU - VS. 2-4
A. THIS WORLD IS NOT YOUR PERMANENT HOME
1. When we travel to an uncomfortable place, we can’t wait to
to get back home.
2. What if we had to live here eternally / indefinitely?
1 Cor 15:19
19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable.
3. We’re like Abraham, were not from “around these parts”
and we’re just passing through!
B. HEAVEN IS OUR HOME (Preacher/ Heaven/Hell/ all alone)
1. We’re looking forward to heaven, because we’re looking
unto Jesus (Heb. 11:1)
2. We’re looking forward to being with our saved lost family members. It’s going to be a glad reunion day!
3. It’s going to be a no more troubles day!
4. It’s going to be a no more sickness day!
5. It’s going to be a no more pain day!
6. It’s going to be a no more time clock day!