Summary: God want us to live a abundant and fruitful life but sometimes we find our selves living a barren life that is not producing what God say we can have, God gives us simple instructions to live the fulfilled life.
Isaiah 54 “Sing, O barren,
You who have not borne!
Break forth into singing, and cry aloud,
You who have not labored with child!
For more are the children of the desolate
Than the children of the married woman,” says the LORD.
2 “Enlarge the place of your tent, (people, paralised man)
And let them stretch out – faith lion killer the curtains of your dwellings;
Do not spare;
Lengthen your cords – reach expextation
And strengthen your stakes – absolutes.foundation stakeos character prayer…
3 For you shall expand to the right and to the left,
And your descendants will inherit the nations,
And make the desolate cities inhabited.
The Message (MSG)
Spread Out! Think Big!
54 1-6 “Sing, barren woman, who has never had a baby.
Fill the air with song, you who’ve never experienced childbirth!
You’re ending up with far more children
than all those childbearing women.” GOD says so!
“Clear lots of ground for your tents!
Make your tents large. Spread out! Think big!
Use plenty of rope,
drive the tent pegs deep.
You’re going to need lots of elbow room
for your growing family.
You’re going to take over whole nations;
you’re going to resettle abandoned cities.
Don’t be afraid—you’re not going to be embarrassed.
Don’t hold back—you’re not going to come up short.
You’ll forget all about the humiliations of your youth,
In Isaiah 54 The people of Israel were experiencing spiritual barrenness. The people were thirsty for God to do something in their life. They were tired of the same old answers and the same old dialogue. They were people who were honestly seeking God. Isaiah is writing about people who are craving meaning in their life. He is saying that a day will come when God will ask something incredible of you.
• This whole chapter is dealing with bareness ,Unfulfilled ,unfruitful, Unproductive, Not producing life.
• Maybe you in a season of Unfulfilled ,unfruitful, Unproductive, Not producing life and it is Frustration not seeing the result in your life that you feel God has destined you to have
• Thank God Bareness does not intimidate our awesome God.
• In this passage God is giving us instruction on how to get out of unfruitfulness, not producing, unproductive, barren life how to move into a life that is breaking forth on right and left and expanding.
• Notice the way out of a barren life is not what we think it is, sometimes we think that it is just going to happen but he gives four instructions to break out.
The Gospel is a message of hope that evaluates and raise up brings life.
Jesus never put any one down that tried,when peter step out the boat Jesus took him by the hand when Jesus teams up peter, they walked on water.
what you can’t do by yourself when you team up with Jesus you can do the impossible.
Eg. Walking on Water,
breaking of the chains at midnight with paul,
parting the red sea with moses.
1 chron 4:9 There was a man named Jabez who was more honorable than any of his brothers. His mother named him Jabez[d] because his birth had been so painful. 10 He was the one who prayed to the God of Israel, “Oh, that you would bless me and expand my territory! Please be with me in all that I do, and keep me from all trouble and pain!” And God granted him his request.