Summary: If you are going to receive anything from Christ, you are going to have to come to Him with purpose.
22 And, behold, there cometh one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by name; and when he saw him, he fell at his feet,
23 And besought him greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live.
24 And Jesus went with him; and much people followed him, and thronged him.
25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,
26 And had suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,
27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.
28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.
29 And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.
30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?
31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?
32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.
33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.
34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.
Can you imagine the size of the crowds that were constantly gathering around Jesus?
The sermon on the mount.
The feeding of the 4,000 and the 5,000
The day Zacheous got saved
This event with this woman and many more.
How many were in the crowd that day, who cried crucify Him were recipients of His healing and blessings?
And then only 120 in the upper room. I don’t get it.
I. HEALED IN SPITE OF THE PRESS
Lets look at who was in that crowd that day.
A. SATAN OBVIOUSLY WAS IN THAT CROWD. HE OPPOSES EVERYTHING THAT CHRIST DOES. (Your salvation, healings, blessings)
1. He knew that Jesus was already on His way to Jairus’s house to raise his daughter from the dead and,
2. If three or four were going to be the only witnesses Satan could still create enough unbelief amongst the crowd that Jesus’ followers would be minimal.
3. But right in the middle of Satan’s scheme comes a little old lady pressing her way through the crowd with purpose.
4. If you are going to get anything from God, you are going to have to go to Him with purpose.
5. Purpose is faith pushing through every obstacle to get what you need.
6. The woman plowed over Satan like a steam roller, reached up and touched the hem of His garment. (God will clear the way for you to get to Him)
7. Satan’s plan was to destroy this woman with sickness. But he had no idea that she was going to take her sickness to Jesus.
8. Everything changed when she got to Him. He will do the same for us no matter what our circumstances.
B. THERE WERE OTHER SEEKERS WERE IN THAT CROWD
1. None of the others were healed.
2. This is obvious from the fact that Jesus took note of this one particular touch.