Summary: Description of various test we as everyday Christians must pass
COMMON FOLKS TEST OF FAITH
Heb. 11: 1, 8, 17. 36-40; James 1:2,3
I. FAITH, BELIEF, ESSENCE TO WALK
A. The saved are to live by faith The Just shall walk by Faith
1. the Commandment / Word De 8:2 And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, [and] to prove thee, to know what [was] in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
a. Part of the process of getting the People of God ready to
claim the promises, the promised land were challenges that
tested their faith
1. Obedience, Holiness, Purity, Worship & National Organization
2. the Promises 1Pe 1:6-9 Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations: That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see [him] not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory: Receiving the end of your faith, [even] the salvation of [your] souls.
a. One of these days, what we have been looking for, we shall see:
Jesus and all His glory
B. God use Tests to Prove us
1. Test are for us to know ourselves
a. God already knows us
2. Learn from, Word, God, How to win
**USN test are about us being tormented
a. Not about failure or pass but learn and grow
3. Rewarded, Graded, Honored
II. AVERAGE SAVED PERSON
A. NOT miracle workers, Moses, Elijahs & Elisha
B. Just us, Everyone else Proves His / Her faith Jam. 2:17-26
1. Faith isn’t faith unless it is tried, tested challenged
a. Some don’t like the idea of being tested, faith tested
b. To say I have faith but never have to live it, prove it test it,
1. Is that faith? Is that playing it safe?
**Famer playing it safe A Georgia farmer, ragged and barefooted, was standing on the steps of his tumbledown shack. A stranger stopped for a drink of water. "How is your cotton coming along?" he asked. "Ain’t got none," replied the farmer. "Did you plant any?" asked the stranger. "Nope," was the reply, "afraid of bollweevils."
"Well," continued the stranger, "how is your corn?" "Didn’t plant none," came the answer, " ’fraid there weren’t gonna to be no rain."
The visitor persevered: "Well, how are your potatoes?" "Ain’t got none. Scairt of potato bugs."
"Really, what did you plant?" pressed the stranger. "Nothin’," was the calm reply, "I jest played safe."
2. Ain’t got anything to gain that way
1. That is assumption, assume you have faith, assume going to pass,
assume God will honor you
III. EVERYDAY TEST
A. If continually passed: go on to bigger & better
1. Victory is Gained
a. Process….. Progress…… Growth
2. These were passed by the greats to the great feats they are
famous for. (these of Heb 11 )
B. If Failure: No growth, no promises, No victory, No blessings
1. "Oh Ye of little faith!"
a. No make test tomorrow
2. Know self, know what to pray for,
a. Dad took son to Jesus, he has demons, they cast him in