Summary: Half-hearted attempts at life and relationships lead us to frustration, but wholeheartedness brings true prosperity.
20 And thus did Hezekiah throughout all Judah, and wrought that which was good and right and truth before the LORD his God. 21 And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, and in the law, and in the commandments, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart, and prospered. 2 Chron. 31:20-21 (KJV)
1. Hezekiah led Israel destroy all idols. (v 1) Reform the tithe (vv 2-19) Result “and prospered”. (v 20-21)
2. It is not unusual that those who prosper are giving a 100% effort. (Half hearted farmer gets weeds)
3. Half measures almost always fail. (Everything from marriage to ministry dies for want of a little more.)
Jas 1:8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Some Christians have just enough religion to make them miserable: they are not happy at the dance, and they do not rejoice in worship either. It’s because they are trying to march to two different drummers
4. We must apply this truth to our relationship with God or ministry. (Heb. 11:6; Mt. 6:33)
Ps 1:3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
Mr 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
5. Definitions: “heart” The most important or essential part: “whole” Containing all components; complete
The truth is that most of us have trouble with half-heartedness at one time or another. – YBH? (Ways)
1- Make A Quality Decision to Be Whole-hearted
1. Be something – don’t be an agnostic!!!!
2. If you don’t stand for something you will fall for anything!
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Ps. 27:8 When Thou didst say, "Seek My face," my heart said to Thee, "Thy face, O Lord, I shall seek." (NAS)
Jer. 29:13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. (NIV)
3. This is illustrated in the story of the Prodigal Son.
4. Talk yourself into a FIT!!!! (“I will”- faith hearted!!) (Commit- Prayer, Fellowship, Witness Tithe, etc.)
2- Get a Master Plan from the Master Planner (Prayer & Bible)
Jos 1:7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest. 8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
1. Commit to an eternal plan = No Fear of a mistake!!!
2. Requires an intimate relationship!!! Let God fill you with the Holy Spirit!!!!!(Eph 5:18; Lk 11)
3- Take Action - Do Something.
1- It was not what Hezekiah said or thought that brought blessing – it is what he did!