Summary: A faith imparting teaching on confidence,its power and how it can be secured.
Confidence is the backbone of every victor. When you lack confidence, defeat is sure.If you lose confidence,victory is not certain. For those who will enter destiny, confidence is a must!
The 3 Hebrew boys quenched the fire of the adversaries on the platform of confidence.
What is confidence? It is the faith on the inside plus courage on the outside. You may see it as boldness but it’s more than that.
The best demonstration of confidence I ever took note of in the New Testament was by Paul the Apostle. He said: 'I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me (Philippians 4:13)
In military warfare, every party always attempt to steal the confidence of the other party.
• When Ronald Regan bombed some specific residential areas in Libya in 1986, it was to steal the confidence of Gadaffi.
• A lot of publications during wars are mere propaganda to destroy confidence of the opposition
• In a typical wrestling match,you will sometimes see a wrestler with fear-impacting attire/make up,exaggerated boasting and a lot of noise making.All these is done to intimidate the opponent and destroy his confidence!
• Goliath used this strategy in I Sam. 17: 10-11, 16 (appearance + spoken word)
• The Almighty used this strategy in the land of Egypt:
All those plagues: the rod turning into snake, the water turning into blood etc was to weaken the confidence of Pharaoh and his armies.
God was trying to avoid direct conflict with them as this might negatively affect the children of Isreal.
Once your confidence is lost, you are defeated!
Let’s look at this story:
The King gave them an order “answer him not”. This is what a lot of the believers don’t know.Sometimes you just have to refuse to acknowledge your enemy. If you have bad dream, stop broadcasting it! Stop sharing your dream with every Dick, Tom and Harry.The Bible says answer him not. Talk to your king not to the enemy, because when you speak, he will sense your fear and strike you.
Is. 37:3b –
And they said unto him, Thus saith Hezekiah, This day is a day of trouble, and of rebuke, and of blasphemy: for the children are come to the birth, and there is not strength to bring forth.
Confidence is the strength to bring forth. Destiny is the child. It is my prayer that you will not die in the labour room of life!You must receive strength to bring forth!
How to Secure Confidence
A boy walking in the company of his father is never afraid of any bully.In the game of football when a team is at “Home’ in the company of their supporters they tend to perform better.
How do you carry divine presence?
a) Regular prayer and fasting
b) Carry God’s Word
c) Go only to places God will go
d) Walk in the spirit
e) Avoid sin
f) Avoid talking too much
g) Avoid anger
h) Be praise-ful and joyful
2. Live in Righteousness : Prov 28:1, Is 33:14a
When Adam and Eve sinned they lost their confidence!
Walk in righteousness in your Social, Academic, Spiritual and Family life.