Summary: Congregational candlelight service. Excellent symbolism. May be used for Christmas, Good Friday or Easter
3 place Candelabra (2 white, 1 red cnadle)
1 White Pastor’s Candle
2 Red Usher Candles
-Pass out candles (no one under 6yrs)
Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life." NKJV
5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." NKJV
14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. NKJV
This service reminds us how Jesus came on that first Noel, as the light of the world and in His death, transferred His light of life to us.
The 3 candles behind me represent the birth, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ, our Lord.
The white candle on the right represents the purity of Jesus’ virgin birth.
Born without sin, pure and spotless.
The red candle in the center represents the blood He shed in death that paid the debt you and I did not have enough to pay.
The white candle on the left represents the resurrection of Jesus, raised in glory and purity.
1. Ushers stand before me
2. I will light my white candle representing the virgin birth and Jesus as the “Light of Life.”
3. The ushers light red candles representing the blood shed for you and me.
4. You will light your white candles representing what happened when the blood of Jesus touched your life. Making you pure and the “Light of the
5. Once your candle is lit turn to the person next to you allowing them to light from your candle. Spreading "His Light" to each other.
1. No one under 6yrs after that parent discretion. (hold parent arm)
2. Once lit hold upright and turn to the person next to you.
3. While lighting we will sing ________
4. When the lights come up, extinguish and once cool, pass to the center.