Summary: A challenge to a life committed to serving God
“Who Then Is Willing To Consecrate His Service
This Day Unto The Lord”
Paul was & did! Why? Because of …
1. The God who called him.
· (John 6:44 ) No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
· (Isa 1:18 ) Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. (Mat 11:28-30 ) (Rev 22:17 )
· (Rom 8:30 ) Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.
2. The grace that changed him.
· (Acts 9:5 ) And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.
· (Acts 9:20 ) And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.
· (2 Cor 5:17 ) Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
3. The guarantee that comforted him.
· (Mat 28:20 ) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
· (Heb 13:5 ) … I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
4. The Gospel that compelled him.
· (Acts 1:8 ) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
· (Rom 1:16 ) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
· (1 Cor 9:16 ) For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel!
5. The gain who consumed him.
· (Phil 3:7-10) But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
6. The goal that challenged him.
· (Rom 1:14 -15) I am debtor both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise. So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.
· (Rom 9:1-3 ) … I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
· (1 Cor 9:22-23) To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. And this I do for the gospel