Summary: Part five of the series "A purpose driven life".
You were created to become like Christ.
*Rom. 8:29-30, ’For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first born among many brethren; and whom He predestined, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified’.
- Becoming like Christ is a process called sanctification. (Notice the process in today’s reading).
-In the mind of God you were originally created in the image and likeness of God. [The Bible says that; MAN WAS CREATED IN HIS LIKENESS AND IMAGE, BOTH MALE AND FEMALE]
- You are spirit like God is
- You are also a trinity in the sense of being spirit, soul and body.
- You were created with the capacity to make Godly decisions.
-sin stain’s the likeness and image of God in you.
-In the book entitled; ’THE SEVEN ARROWS OF OBEDIENCE’ THE AUTHOR STATES THAT;
’To obey God fully, you must be determined to be a reflection of Christ above everything else’.
* This means no compromise.
- No compromise in your words.
- No compromise in your actions.
-No compromise in what you see or choose to listen to.
-anytime you disobey God, you are sinning and not being like Christ.
*’GOD IS SPIRIT AND THEY THAT WORSHIP HIM MUST WORSHIP HIM IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH.’
-Jesus restores us so that we can regain what was lost.
>God’s purpose for your life, if you are a son or a daughter of God, is for you to be like Christ.
- God wants us to grow and be more like Jesus. (’IT’S TIME TO GROW UP’)
*IT’S NOT IMPOSSIBLE IF YOU HAVE THE HOLY SPIRIT.
2 Cor.3:18 says; ’As the spirit of the Lord work’s within us, we become more and more like Christ and reflect His glory’.
-in the book, THE SEVEN ARROWS OF OBEDIENCE the author SAYS; ’the secret of Christ likeness is being occupied with the things that concern Christ’.
- This transformation takes place by; ’by the abiding presence of the spirit of God’.
* The bible says IN 2 COR.3:17-18; ’WE ARE BEING TRANSFORMED INTO HIS IMAGE BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD’.
What is the Holy Spirit’s work within us¿
1. He gives you a new life.
2. He seals you. And gives you the earnest (las arras) of the Spirit.
3. He wants to baptize you,*acts 1:8.
4. He wants to keep you filled at all times. Read Eph.5:18ff;’ ’Do not get drunk with wine which brings disalusion but be filled with the spirit.....
>the trick is to cooperate with the Holy Spirit.
- FOLLOWING THE LEADING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT.
-BEING LED OF THE SPIRIT AND NOT THE FLESH.
-ALLOWING THE HOLY SPIRIT TO PRODUCE SPIRITUAL FRUIT WITHIN US.
>you will not be able to do it on your own.
1. John 14:17 says; ’ The Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth’.
-Therefore you stay away from anything that is false, deceitful or hypocritical.
2. 2 Cor.4:13 says; ’The Holy Spirit is also the spirit of faith.
-Anything that is contrary to faith is not convenient.
- stay away from doubt, anxiety and worrying about unnecessary things.
3. Heb.10:29, ’The Holy Spirit is the spirit of grace. -Bitterness, maliciousness, unforgivenes, unforgiveness and cold love is not from God.