Summary: This series focuses on the Biblical facts of Creation, and using Scripture puts to rest the scientific opinions of how the world was formed. Part 1a is devoted to Day 1, and lays the foundation that if there was no Creator, how can we have a Redeemer?
Creation Series, Part 1a
- Today, we begin our series on creation; we’ll examine the foundations of our world
- For the most part, every Sunday will be a 2 part message; concluding at night
- Psalm 14:1, “Only fools say in their hearts, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their actions are evil; not one of them does good!”
- As a building requires a builder, a creation must have a creator
- Even the energy in the universe requires a source … it requires a creator
- There is an irrational logic proving that something popped up from nothing
- We have a Creator, and this study will give us all opportunity to delve into this
- Thousands of years ago Job pondered these words …
-- Job 26:8-14, “He binds up the water in His thick clouds, Yet the clouds are not broken under it. He covers the face of His throne, And spreads His cloud over it. 1He drew a circular horizon on the face of the waters, At the boundary of light and darkness. The pillars of heaven tremble, And are astonished at His rebuke. He stirs up the sea with His power, And by His understanding He breaks up the storm. By His Spirit He adorned the heavens; His hand pierced the fleeing serpent. Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways, And how small a whisper we hear of Him! But the thunder of His power who can understand?”
- When we ponder the marvels of creation, what more would we need to hear?
- Our sun is our closest star, but it is an average size star compared to others
- Arcturus is visible with the naked eye in the sky, and is 20xs larger than the sun
- The universe holds over a billion, trillion stars – more than we can ever comprehend
-- Now, consider the words of Psalm 147:4, “He calls the stars by name”
- The universe is so large, that it is almost incomprehensible at how large it is
- Traveling at the speed of light, it would take 28 billion years or more to see it all
- God asked Job a tremendous question regarding even the smallest of creation
-- Job 38:22, “Hast thou entered into the treasures of the snow? or hast thou seen the treasures of the hail …”
- What are the treasures of the snow? Ice crystals!
- Consider the beauty of what God has created by combining hydrogen and oxygen molecules. The marvel of these crystals is independent, no two are alike, just as we are to Him individual and separate; EACH of us matters to Him as individuals!
- Now, expand what it takes to have created ice crystals to what is in DNA (us)
-- A pinhead of DNA would fill a stack of books 500 times from here to the moon!
- When we consider the entire creation, one verse becomes very obvious and clear:
-- Psalm 33:8 says, “Let all the earth fear the Lord.”
- Now, with this information in our heads – let’s look at our passage for today
- Stand and read Genesis 1:1-5
Point 1 – Believe it or Not!
- The basis of the faith … if you cannot trust the creation, what can you believe?