Summary: Part 3 reveals the formation of dry land, the seas, and all vegetation. This message also gives excellent insight into defending an evolutionist’s view of the origin of species.
Creation Series, Part 3
- We have a Creator, and the Creator has given us a clear account of His story
- APP: What we find ourselves in is a situation what separates all of us
-- If you do not believe this account, you fall into one of these two categories:
1. Theistic Evolutionist: Believes that God is real, yet He used evolution to evolve all things in this world to include the creation of mankind
2. Naturalistic Evolutionist (which most non-believers are): Believes that everything evolved by accident, and that there is no God nor Creator
-- Claims to use the formula: “Nobody times Nothing equals Everything!”
-- This is absolutely the wrong angle for us and is at the heart of our beliefs
- There is no middle ground on this issue and it is here we must answer for ourselves
- Before we can even see the Redeemer who is Jesus, we must see the workmanship
- We must see the Glory of a Creator who specifically put each thing into place
- APP: If we cannot see the work of the Creator; can we see the work of a Messiah?
- As a believer, we have to be willing to refute the commentaries of today
- Scientists, teachers, and pundits from all walks of life wish to denounce Creation
- It is critical that we are able to demonstrate a clear logic in our thinking
-- But, not only clear logic … but a Biblically based explanation to the Creation account
- APP: It is not our place to speak for God; but we use God’s Word to demonstrate truth
- Last Sunday night we answered the ancient question, “How old is the Earth?”
-- Gen 5 gives us the dates of the Patriarchs, and through OT we have 4,000 years
-- From the arrival to the Messiah to today we have approx. 2,000 years
-- Thus, the Earth is approximately 6,000 years old … period!!
- The creation and formation of the Earth took 6 days, and last week we viewed Day 1
- Tonight, we look at Day 3 and what happens AFTER the space we see now is formed
- Let’s read up to our text so we have the complete view of where we are
- Stand and read Genesis 1:1-13
Point 1 – Dawning of Day 3
- OK, let’s try to get some of the immediate issues out of the way early this evening
- If you notice in the scripture, we see that within one day (24 hours) we have plants
- We’ve been around long enough to know that growth like that is impossible
-- CRITICAL: However, we certainly have not been around since the beginning of time
- What IS important, is that God has and scripture testifies to His ability to do all things
-- Matthew 19:26, “But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.”
- The critical personality may be ready to jump and point out that we’ve used the same book to prove what we want to prove so there is a problem in OUR thinking – right?
- Wrong! Scripture testifies to scripture and it is where our faith is founded!
- Just because a scientist who went to school for 100 years says so, doesn’t make it fact
-- IMP: Let’s remember who gave that scientist the brain in his head in the first place!