Summary: We may be men...We may have children...but are we real Fathers?
DAD WHERE’S THE ARK?
It’s good to be a man, isn’t it, men?
• Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
• A 5-day holiday requires only one suitcase.
• When clicking through the channels, you don’t have to stall at every shot of somebody crying.
• The only guy attacking you with a hockey mask is in the hockey rink
• Car mechanics tell you the truth.
• You can be husky and that doesn’t mean overweight...hmmmm
• Gray hair and wrinkles only add character to men.
• If two guys show up with the same outfit it’s cool
• A belch once in a while is...well...expected
• What day of the year are the most phone calls made? Mother’s Day
• Guess when the most collect calls are made? Fathers Day
Just cause you’re a man with children doesn’t make you a father
• Men have become so manly that they are not men at all anymore?
• Dad is just a title without a position
• Dad is just a name with no responsibility
• There are a generation of lost souls out here and they are crying out for direction....from Dad!
Phantom Father ...Recent reports tell us:
• Because of a lack of father figures in the Home-- in the past 30 years there have been:
• 550% increase in violent crime
• 400% increase in illegitimate births
• 200% increase in teen. pregnancies.
• 300% increase in teen suicide
• More that 70% of all juveniles in state reform institutions come from fatherless homes.
• The home doesn’t need a man in the house, it needs a father!
Hebrews 11:7 (KJV) By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
I. “By faith Noah being warned of God of things not seen as yet”
A. He was a man of faith
B. He was a man who God could speak to
C. He was a man who was warned about impending danger
II. “Moved with fear” ...stand in awe...to reverence
A. He could have given up
B. He could have and refused to listen up
C. He could have got angry and got fired up
III. “Prepared an ark to the saving of his house”
A. He had a monumental task
B. He had a purpose driven task
C. He had a fatherly task
IV. “By the which he condemned the world, and became heir of righteousness which is by faith”
A. His obedience showed the true condition of the world
B. His obedience showed the true need of a savior
C. His obedience paid for his families salvation
The ark is a type of Christ
• Judgment was coming an ark was prepared
• Judgment is coming a savior was prepared
• Scoffers lined the streets drinking and marrying and living it up
• Matthew 24:37-44 (KJV) 37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left. 42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come. 43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. 44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
• Those that scoffed were banging and knocking on the arks doors wanting in, but it was too late
• Matthew 25:1-10 (KJV) 1 Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish. 3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them: 4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. 5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept. 6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him. 7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps. 8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out. 9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves. 10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.