Summary: The hierarchicalism of lofty and honorific titles, self-exaltation in ministry office and the high crass greed of prosperity is widespread in many congregations and those are dagons that must fall by preaching truth again.
DAGON MUST FALL
1st Samuel 5:2 –4
As I begin my sermon this evening I want you to know that real revival won’t happen
- except there is a paradigm shift back to the fundamental and orthodox principles of the Bible.
- And if we’re to see the Lord high and lifted up as Isaiah did, our highness must first be debased!
- Today many have BECAME TOO LOFTY in ministry, living a 2nd Timothy 3:1-5 life.
What I mean by lofty is that many have become besides themselves
- by setting up themselves in high place before God exalts them to such a place in Him.
- This is indeed the age of self-exaltation Church-wise.
By personal observation and truth, and no I'm not playing the race card but speaking a very concerned reality truth! But this an age in the African-American Church when
- HONORIFIC TITLES and SELF-EXALTED MINISTRY OFFICES ARE OVERSHADOWING OUR ABILITY TO ANY LONGER SEE THE MOST HIGH GOD! THERE IS A HIERARCHICAL BLOCKAGE!
(also an age where None African-American Churches are still steep in divisive institutional racism. That will be dealt with later).
This is an age when theological/seminary degrees are taking the place of real revelation knowledge,
- that we’d rather keenly exegete our sermons seminary-wise rather than ask God for revelation knowledge.
This is also an age of the messed up Church in many places
- committing fornication, lying or living an alternative altered-gender life style,
While those who are not guilty of those things,
- but yet are MOST ARROGANT and LOFTY IN MINISTRY.
We have become
- a SUPER MINISTRY TITLE GENERTION AND WE HAVE BECAME SIMPLY BESIDE OURSELVES!
THE HIERARCHY demon is on the loose and is running buck wild in many ministries!
- And many have built their own LOFTY TOWERS OF BABEL, THE ABOMINATION OF CONFUSION!
Paul exhorts us in 2nd Corinthians 10 verses 5 & 6 say,
- "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.”
Until some high imaginations are cast down,
- then real empowerment by the Holy Ghost to spark the flame of revival won’t take place!
How many believe the next great move of God is coming by humility?
- Therefore, lofty Church folks won’t be any of God’s ushers to usher in this next great move of God!
- The next great move will come via those who humble themselves before the mighty hand of God.
Allow me to read several texts concerning how God view lofty things that seek self-exaltation…
1st Samuel 5:2 –4 "And the Philistines took the ark of God, and brought it from Ebenezer unto Ashdod. When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the temple of dagon and set it by dagon. And when the people of Ashdod arose early in the morning, there was dagon, fallen on its face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. So they took dagon and set it in its place again. And when they arose early the next morning, there was dagon, fallen on its face to the ground before the ark of the LORD. The head of dagon and both the palms of its hands were broken off on the threshold; only the torso of dagon was left of it.
Isaiah 2 verses 11 &17 says, "And the loftiness of man shall be bowed down, and the haughtiness of men shall be made low: and the LORD alone shall be exalted in that day."
Romans 14:11 “For it is written: ‘As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God.’"
Sermonic Move #1: (Tower of Babel Preachers)
Here, the Philistine attempted to make dagon
- MORE LOFTY THAN Jehovah!
In fact, they thought this strange squared box with two angelic figurines on tip
- was kind of a strange image of a god since it did not have a facial bust of a man or animal…
- and perceived it to have no sort of power at all.
So they assumed this so call god-representative of the Israelites was not as lofty and as powerful as dagon.
- And to avoid insulting old dagon they decided to set this jehovic image below and dagon on the top.
- This would prove to be the most fatal error of any heathen nation who apposed the true and living God.
The text says…
- the idol god dagon of the Philistijne FELL TWICE BEFORE the Ark of the Lord and was IRREPARABLE broken!
For my subject tell one of your fellow worshippers, in order for the Church to survive involiable in the face of this faithless and adulterous generations…