Summary: The Christian walk has become too safe. We need to have the exciting wonder that children have. We need to explore our Christian faith without the safety of tradition.
* Would you agree that being a Christian today is boring?
* Daughter loves to fall off of my lap head first.
* What would happen if we all took Jesus’ advice and “became like little children?”
* The obstacle of Dullness
* Don’t you just hate dull people?
* “The most critical issue facing Christians is not abortion, pornography, the disintegration of the family, moral absolutes, MTV, drugs, racism, sexuality, or school prayer.” “The critical issue today is dullness.” – Robert Capon, Episcopal Priest
* Christianity has become dull. We’re not talking about flashy churches, multimedia presentation, or big bands, but our feelings and relationships with Jesus.
* When was the last time you heard the term “Radical Christian”
* Acts 2:42-47 – They committed themselves to the teaching of the apostles, the life together, the common meal, and the prayers.Everyone around was in awe—all those wonders and signs done through the apostles!  And all the believers lived in a wonderful harmony, holding everything in common.  They sold whatever they owned and pooled their resources so that each person’s need was met.  They followed a daily discipline of worship in the Temple followed by meals at home, every meal a celebration, exuberant and joyful,  as they praised God. People in general liked what they saw. Every day their number grew as God added those who were saved.
• Are we in “awe” of what God does in our lives today?
• Do we live in harmony with each other?
* John 10:10 –  A thief is only there to steal and kill and destroy. I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.
* The Obstacle of Dream Stealers
* Example – The Movie Hook
* The child has been chased out of us.
* Our dreams are snuffed out by people who tell us what we can’t do.
* Have you ever had a Boss that finds everything wrong with your work
* The Bible has a name for dream stealers – Pharisees
* John 9 – The Blind man healed
* Mark 14:3-6 –  While he was in Bethany, reclining at the table in the home of a man known as Simon the Leper, a woman came with an alabaster jar of very expensive perfume, made of pure nard. She broke the jar and poured the perfume on his head.  Some of those present were saying indignantly to one another, "Why this waste of perfume?  It could have been sold for more than a year’s wages and the money given to the poor." And they rebuked her harshly.  "Leave her alone," said Jesus. "Why are you bothering her? She has done a beautiful thing to me.
* The Obstacle of Predictability
* Society has cloned us.
* We are born; we attend school, get a job, get married, have a family, retire and die!
* Where’s the excitement in that.
* Religion has become the same way
• Church is always Sunday Morning, Sunday Night and Wednesday Night
• Dress has to be the same
• We must sing the same songs
• New ideas are not permitted
* Predictability and faith cannot co-exist
* Jesus was unpredictable
* He ate at the wrong people’s houses (sinners)