Summary: How To Over Come Hurt
DELIVERED BUT DAMAGED
4. And Jonathan, Saul’s son, had a son that was lame of his feet. He was five years old when the tidings came of Saul and Jonathan out of Jezreel, and his nurse took him up, and fled: and it came to pass, as she made haste to flee, that he fell, and became lame. And his name was Mephibosheth.
We see in this passage of scripture the mention of one who’s name was Mephibosheth.
We see that he was entrusted into the care of an unnamed nurse. And in a time of haste, a time when the nurse was not thinking to clearly, when she was rushed in going to and fro. Mephibosheth was consequently dropped...
He was dropped by someone who should have been caring for him.
He was dropped by one who should have been the epitome and personification of LOVE!
He was dropped by one who fed him.
He was dropped by one who hugged him.
He was dropped by one who at times placed loving arms around him and
sung him songs to sleep.
He was dropped by one he TRUSTED!
HAS SOMEONE YOU LOVED AND EXPRESSED LOVE TO YOU EVER DROPPED YOU?
HAVE THEY EVER LEFT YOU HIGH AND DRY ALONE AND DISTRESSED?
YOU LOOKED TO THEM AND THEY DROPPED YOU!
YOU TRUSTED THEM AND THEY DROPPED YOU!
THEY HELD YOU CLOSE AND THEY DROPPED YOU!!
THEY FED YOU WITH ONE HAND AND SLAPPED YOU WITH THE OTHER HAND!
THEY HELD YOU AND CARESSED YOU AND SAID I LOVE YOU BUT THE WAY THEY CARESSED WAS FULL OF PERVERSION AND IN YOUR HEART YOU QUESTION IS THIS REALLY LOVE??
THEY SAID I LOVE YOU BUT THEIR ACTIONS SPOKE OF HATE AND ANGER!!
YOU WERE DROPPED BY THAT ONE WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN HOLDING YOU!
AND NOT ONLY WERE YOU DROPPED BUT YOU WERE DAMAGED WHEN YOU WERE DROPPED AND FROM THAT POINT FORWARD YOU BEGAN TO WALK DIFFERENT.
THERE WAS EVIDENCE IN YOUR FUTURE ACTIONS THAT SOME POINT IN YOUR LIFE YOU WERE DROPPED.
YOUR RELATIONSHIPS CARRIED WITH THEM THE AFFECTS OF BEING DROPPED.
YOU CARRY THE INSECURITIES OF BEING DROPPED AGAIN
YOU CARRY THE PAIN OF THE PAST AND CANNOT FUNCTION IN THE PRESENT!!
BEING DROPPED LEAVES US WITH A NEGATIVE SELF-ESTEEM , A POOR REFLECTION OF OUR OWN VALUE!
BUT UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE CONSTANTLY AFFIRMS THE TEACHING OF SELF WORTH!
6. Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
HE LOVED US SO MUCH HE SAVED US!
WE ARE THE LIGHT
WE ARE THE SALT
HE LOVED US SO MUCH HE GAVE HIS ANGELS TO GUARD US
HIS SPIRIT TO GUIDE US
HIS WORD TO TEACH US!
HIS BLOOD TO SAVE US
THIS IS NOT PRIDE...PRIDE STOPS LEANING ON GOD!
WAYS YOU CAN INSTILL POOR SELF-ESTEEM IN YOUR CHILDREN
SETTING TOO HIGH OF EXPECTATIONS
NOT SHOWING ACCEPTANCE
36. Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38. This is the first and great commandment.