Summary: A systematic studies of demons:their nature,power,influence and limitations.An essential knowledge for every spirit filled believer who intend to live an over-comers' lifestyle
Demons are angels who decided to follow Lucifer the archangel in his insurrection against God. They could therefore be safely called “the fallen angels”. (Rev. 12:4,7-9).
Jesus personally called some beings angel of the devil (Matt. 25:41) while the Pharisees even in their religious ignorance recognize the existence of demons/devils (Matt. 12:24).
The Nature of Demons:
1. They are evil. There are no good demons. In fact they carry out the wishes and commands of Satan their master. (I Sam. 10-11).
2. They are intelligent and wise (I King 22:22-24).
3. They have knowledge and feelings Acts 19:15, Matt. 8:29.
4. They are spirit beings without body, Lk. 24:29 they are rather very desperate to live in a borrowed body.
5. They have miraculous powers and can deceive. (Rev. 16:13-16).
Where Does Demons Live?
1. Principally demons live in the air above the earth (Eph. 2:2).
There are three heaven in the least.
(a) The first heaven – the air space around us.
(b) The second heaven – this is where Satan reigns
(c) The third heaven – this is where the throne of God is (2 Cor. 12:1-4)
The second heaven is referred to as high places (Eph. 6:12).
2. Demons also live in evil places and places where crime and murders have been committed.
3. Demon can inhabit humans and when they are desperate can enter into animals. Mk. 5:2,8,12.
Some things Demons Can Do
1. They can teach ( I Tim. 4:1); in which case they teach errors.
2. They can tell fortunes (Acts 16:16-17). What they say could be absolutely true, it is however for a different reason. In the text the reason was so that people could think Paul and Silas were in league with demons.
3. They can imitate departed dead (I Sam. 28:3-9).
4. They can go out and come back into men as they will except they are cast out and rejected Matt. 12:43-45.
5. Demons can also travel Mk. 5:7,12