Summary: We need a desperate faith in tough times
In Tough Times You Need A Desperate Faith
1. When times get tough then desperate measures are needed
2. We have been speaking on the subject of prayer and fasting on our Wednesday night services for the past 2 weeks ( 2-3 weeks left on Prayer and Fasting )
1. We have been dealing with the 3 Spiritual Laws concerning prayer and fasting
Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink three days, night or day: I also and my maidens will fast likewise; and so will I go in unto the king, which is not according to the law: and if I perish, I perish.
1. 3 days of no food or water— Absolute fast
2. Extreme situations ( extermination of the Jewish people by the plot of Haman ) require extreme measures of faith ( Absolute fast for 3 days )
1. She has suffered for 12 years of Bleeding- female problem ( Ovarian cancer possibly )
2. She has went to many doctors
3. She has spent all her money on getting better— BUT SHE HAS GOTTEN WORSE
4. She hears about Jesus:
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
2. Heard about the many miracles:
1. Sick being healed
2. Dead raised to life
3. Signs and wonders
4. Demons cast out of the afflicted
Application: When you face tough times in your life you better be willing to hear from God in His Word even if it goes against the grain of what you have been taught ( You may have been taught wrong )
Example: Relatives that believed in a fatalist view of prayer as it concerned the will of God for our lives: They believed that if God wanted to heal you He would and if not He would not and there was no real use in praying and believing God about it because whatever was meant to be would happen regardless of how you prayed— BUT when my nephew was involved in a serious car accident and they thought he might die or be permanently brain damage all that faulty theology got straightened out fast— they not only called on me to pray for his healing but firmly believed God that He would spare his life and heal him.
1. When she heard about Jesus a revelation of faith came to her from the Holy Spirit