Summary: The devil is a fowler that is taken peple captive by his snare. Liberty can only be obtain through Jesus Christ.
DESTROYING THE SNARE OF THE FOWLER
STUDY TEXT: Psalm 124:6-8
- A snare is a device that is secretly but strategically set up to capture a targeted subject.
- Sometimes, something attractive to the target is used as bait, so that the subject will get in there to eat, and the get entrapped.
The intention of the fowler is to keep the bird for decoration, or to kill for food, or sometimes sell for money. The devil is the fowler who is setting a snare for those redeemed by the blood of Jesus, and sometimes he will use some attractive bait to catch the attention of the believer.
- The snare limits the movement and detained the bird to be at the mercy of the fowler. The devil is interested in capturing the believer to make him to be his slave so a s not to fulfill the purpose of God for his life.
- We shall look at this study under two subheadings:
1. Describing the snare of the fowler.
2. Destroying the snare of the fowler.
1. DESCRIBING THE SNARE OF THE FOWLER
There are certain experiences one face in life that should give the indication that one is already in the snare of the devil. You need to critically examine your life and watch out for one or more of the following experiences. This should call for a fervent prayer with fasting in order to destroy this snare and for your soul to escape.
1. When you are constantly falling into a sin you do not wish to commit.
-After giving your life to Christ for over two years, you still notice that certain sins you do not wish to commit are still clinging to you. Each time you fall into it, you will weep and feel so bad, but after a while you see yourself in the same mess again. This represents a snare of the devil that needs to be broken. For instance some people are held bound in masturbation, fornication, stealing or various kinds of unrighteous acts and it is difficult for them to be set at liberty.
2. When you appear to be making progress but reverting back to the starting point.
-When the life a man looks like a goat that that is tied with a rope and the goat can only move in a distance that is allowed by the rope and latter gets back to the starting point. There appear to be progress in one aspect of life, but latter return to the zero level. For instance when you had a delay in marriage, and after a while you got married and few years after your partner died, or you face a terrible crisis leading to breakage, and you have to be in search of a partner again. Or a case where you have searched for a job for a long time, and after getting one, a problem occur and you have to lose that job and be in search again. When things begin to happen in this way, there is already a snare of the devil that needed to be broken.
3. When you are stagnant and unable to move forward in one area or the other.
-Some people’s lives are characterized with delay and stagnancy. There can be delay in marriage or in child bearing after marriage, a delay in getting admissions into school or getting a job after leaving school. Some other people’s case is a stagnant project that never sees the light of the day after a long time, or has no success recorded despite continuous serious effort to succeed that is put in place. Experiencing this kind of failure is an indication of a snare of the devil holding one’s life bound, and until there is total liberty, nothing good can come out of that life.